Author Topic: Gunislik  (Read 3450 times)

Offline artie

Gunislik
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2011, 16:32:19 PM »
Is Senay (mike) and his wife working there this year?

Offline Big Doug

• Not so big Doug
Gunislik
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2011, 17:48:28 PM »
One of my favorite places for a light lunch, will have to try for a evening meal:P

Doug

Offline julesbob0303

Gunislik
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2011, 23:18:22 PM »
This is one of our favourite restaurants too.  They do a lovely trout meal with a glass of wine (garlic toast to start) all for around 12 lira.  We eat here several times on each visit.

And yes, Mike is still there this year.  We had a meal there a couple of weeks ago, but, to be honest, it was quite cool in the evenings, and there are very few inside seats, so it was a bit chilly!   :o

Best value restaurant in Calis in my opinion.  And the food and service  is excellent.   :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Gunislik
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2011, 23:26:23 PM »
In the last few years you can walk the prom at lunchtime and see most places empty but arrive at Gunislik and have to wait for a table - doing something right then :D

Offline artie

Gunislik
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2011, 07:42:26 AM »
The food is superb and the prices are very reasonable.That is a great combination.We try different restaurants every visit but sometimes other places are dissapointing and we say "why didnt we just go to Gunisik".
Sometimes it is best to stick to what you know.

Offline lynnj

Gunislik
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2011, 12:01:16 PM »
Hi
We ate there last year as our friends recommended it.

Contrary to everyone else's expressed views, we were disappointed with our food, especially mine. I had swordfish and it tasted as if it had been cooked from frozen and not defrosted first.

I would be more than happy to give the place another go based on everyone's comments - as it sounds like we were unlucky or went on a bad day, - I assume the food, espec fish eg trout, is usually cooked from fresh?

Offline Piscoe

Gunislik
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2011, 12:49:34 PM »
One of my favourite places. Lovely food and lovely people. The fish is very nice there too

Offline valleyboy

Gunislik
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2011, 10:15:27 AM »
After reading the recommendations on here about the Gunislik we decided to try it on our latest visit, and I must say we weren't disappointed, excellent food, reasonably priced and great service, we only normally eat lighter lunch type meals when we visit Calis, but even so what we had was superb, lovely wrap and menemen with delicious home made thick cut chips. The more elaborate meals looked lovely and the other customers also sounded suitably impressed.

Definitely use it again :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf