Author Topic: Yeni Dunya  (Read 5660 times)

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Yeni Dunya
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2011, 08:43:42 AM »
Six of us went last night the food was excellent a really nice place which deserves to do well
Mark

Offline Julesp

Yeni Dunya
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2011, 23:03:57 PM »
Food is certainly nice and a bit different from the usual stuff here, the one problem I had was the staff didnt seem to know what they were doing, ordered water when 1st sat down while looking at menu Had to ask again after 10 mins, all apologetic but still didnt get a drink, had to remind them again when they wanderd over to take food order! was hot and very thirsty so it didnt give a good 1st impression to me.  That said Yes the food is good but dont think I will rush back

Offline Donna2202

Yeni Dunya
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2011, 04:40:59 AM »
Linda and I went on Saturday night and I have to agree with your comment about the service. None of the staff seemed to know what they were doing which is such a shame as the food was really good and this place has so much potential. They could also do with a better wine list as there really isn't much choice. I would definitely go back but maybe for lunch rather than an evening meal.

Offline littlereddevil

Yeni Dunya
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2011, 08:46:34 AM »
We were going to go in one night when we were over. The guy outside asked where we came from and when we said Scotland he went in to a market type spiel of " hey jimmy" etc etc so we decided just to keep on going.

Offline wilf007

Yeni Dunya
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2011, 21:11:26 PM »
I have to say we went to this restaurant and had a dreadful experience. Poor service and poor food. Nicola, the Scottish waitress was too busy wittering on her mobile to serve us and had to be reminded 3 times that we asked for water and Effes! When the food eventully arrived, it was cold, the medium steaks were very well done, the baked potato was missing and one meal was whipped away - 'You didn't order this!', only to be brought back 5 minutes later, even colder than it was when it arrived!

When we complained Nicola laughed, rolled her eyes and said that there was nothing wrong with the meal or service. She said the manager was not available / didn't speak English/ was too busy to speak to us (delete as applicable, as we were told all 3 excuses).

Nicola the Scottish waitress (wait being the operative!) then told us she would call the Police if we refused to pay. Not knowing the law we paid and left.

Dreadful service, dreadful food. The only positive is the view. One to be avoilded at all costs!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Yeni Dunya
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2011, 21:22:50 PM »
Seems like a tale of 2 pages here - the restaurant described on page 1 sounds to have little in common with that on page 2. Surely not another hugely promising start soon ending up disappearing down the tubes...

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Yeni Dunya
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2011, 21:24:05 PM »
Maybe you should've let her call as in all probability she is working there illegally.  In future dont eat the food. Tell them you will pay for the drinks and them leave.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 21:25:39 PM by mercury »

Offline wilf007

Yeni Dunya
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2011, 21:35:14 PM »
LOL! We did say 'well call them' however after 10 minutes we got bored and wanted to leave. A Turkish friend said that it is up to the police what happens next. So as you say best to have a drink and not eat. Shame as it had potential!

Offline Eric

Yeni Dunya
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2011, 21:51:23 PM »
I think you are correct in your assumption Keith.  When it 1st opened last winter, and through to the beginning of the summer, the food, prices and service were excellent.  We were even told that the prices would not go up as the season went on.  Since then we have been back on several occasions and slowly the prices have gone up, the food quality has worsened and the service has also got worse.  The original manager, Matty (who was only there as a favour to the owner as he has his own business interests elswhere) left during the summer, as did most of the original staff. Since then it has rapidly gone downhill.  We do not go there anymore, as you say a promising new establishment now going rapidly down the tubes.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Yeni Dunya
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2011, 06:26:50 AM »
We found it to be great early summer but freinds have been since and all said it had really gone down hill, a shame because it had so much going for it.
Mark

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf