Author Topic: The new Sun Camp Restaurant  (Read 6212 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
The new Sun Camp Restaurant
« on: July 11, 2011, 11:58:39 AM »
There have been a few topics started about Sun Camp Restaurant, Cafe and Bar which is on the way down to Koca Calis (next to the Surf Club). Claire (one half of Birol and Claire who opened the restaurant) has sent me some photos and it really is worth me sharing them - it looks wonderful! Parts of the facilities took a little longer than they had hoped to get opened, but it should all be smooth now...

The restaurant is open from 8am till 'late' (I hope they appreciate what "CBF late" means!!!) and this is the important bit for some...are you listening...Happy hour is 18:00 till 20:00 EVERY evening - yes, a happy hour two hours long  8)

The beach is looked after, clean and litter free and they have 60 sunbeds with both natural shade and awnings if you prefer to be out of the sun. Regulars to Calis will also be well aware of one of the trump cards of that area - the breeze is lovely down there. Sun Camp Restaurant & Bar which comfortably seats 48 people is open from 19.00 every evening and offers a unique ‘Meyhani' type setting with the option of tables being set up on the beach on request.  Specializing in traditional Turkish food the emphasis is on delicious home-made mezes, seafood and fish.  A selection of chicken dishes, as well as a childrens menu is also available. I sadly have no idea what Meyhani is  :-\

Open from 19.00 every evening soft classical guitar is played every Saturday.

Birol and Claire have been close and dependable friends of ours for many years and there aren't two more helpful people in the whole of Turkey. I'm sure you will be well looked after. I just read back what I have written so far and it does sound a bit like an advert - well it is!!! It is a free advert from CBF & I hope this topic will help pack their restaurant every night, and if it doesn't, maybe these photos alone will...:D

Stunning. Wish we were there, all the best of luck to our two very good friends.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 12:03:40 PM »
We have been approached by them to hold a Wine Tasting event there, so watch this space ;)

certainly looks very nice 8)

Offline dycedon

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 12:33:34 PM »
Will certainly be paying a visit in the very near future. We dealt with Claire when she had Sunmed and she really made our Turkish dream come true when we bought in Mandarin Apts, so all the best for the future for Claire and Birol, two of the nicest people you will ever meet. Great advert Keith

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 12:56:19 PM »
It looks fab and well worth us getting a 'nosebleed' by moving away from the prom for!

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 12:58:00 PM »
looks absolutely beautiful.  And Tinx - if August is a possibility - count us in !!!!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 12:59:24 PM »
I thought of you Maria when writing it (I think about you a lot!!!) - apparently there is just soft background music around the bar area - reminded me of the day I turned up at Kum City Beach Park, just in time to see your beloved other half leaving - not due to nose bleed but more ears bleeding from the ridiculously high volume pumping music they had on! I don't think Shaun would need to leave this place for that reason!

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 13:26:31 PM »
Ah thats nice!
Lol yes that was a little loud put us right off! Dont suppose theyre bothered that they've missed out on 2 small waters !

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 20:09:06 PM »
Looks lovely - another place within walking distance for us Kocaites  :)

Offline turkeysue

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 21:54:32 PM »
looks really good..we love this "end" will defo give it a whirl:D...roll on sept..

Offline turkeysue

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 21:56:50 PM »
did you notice if there were any brolly's.????

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf