Author Topic: the orient express  (Read 2395 times)

Offline welshbrickie

the orient express
« on: July 17, 2011, 08:58:19 AM »
Having been to the orient express for many years,we have enjoyed the staff and the food,but it started to go down hill last year so we havent been for a while.
After seeing mehmet had spent a small fortune on refurbishments we decided to try it once again.We were most disapointed after waiting an hour and a half for the food to come,starters were wrong,steaks undercooked,fish not deboned, and mine cremated we will not be returning.I feel its such a shame

Offline Christie

the orient express
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 17:15:02 PM »
Why was the service so slow - were they really busy ?   We too were disappointed with the meals last year but decided to give it a try in June.   Unfortunately, although the decor is great, so too the staff, the food was not - the food was presented really well, but the flavour did not live up to the presentation of the dish - both meals were so bland.  Such a shame as Mehmet has spent so much time and money on the refurbishment  but the food quality/flavour needs to be improved a lot.  I cannot understnd when they have so much lovely natural fresh produce and herbs/seasoning etc readily available in Turkey that the flavour is not there.

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
the orient express
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 18:28:12 PM »
Even after these reviews we decided to give it a try more out of loyalty to Mehmet as his was the only decent place to eat 23 years ago on our first visit! We have to say we werent disappointed. We went a couple of times for lunch and at night. On the evening occasions there were a few of us and yet the food was served fresh and hot. I cant comment on the wait time cos we were probably all digging in to the bread and olives and using the fabulous large wine glasses but I dont think it was extraordinary! Well done to Mr Mehmet boss and team loving your work!

Offline Tineathers

the orient express
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 15:49:33 PM »

we went in June & sept and lamb shanks were yummy

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf