Author Topic: Discussion about Steak  (Read 4801 times)

Offline ovacik2

Re: Discussion about Steak
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2012, 12:58:23 PM »
Could it be that the good steaks mentioned here are part of the meat being exported from the UK (Eng,Wales,Scotland) also Irish,to the EU including Turkey since 2010?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 14:35:34 PM by ovacik2 »

Offline jo b

• Chandler's Ford, UK
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2012, 14:22:23 PM »
We went to Buffalos in May and all five of us had entrecote steaks all were very good.

Previously had lovely peppered steaks at the Meri but this May it was a totally different steak ...smaller paler and not as tender.

Sundial steaks were good.

Offline Christie

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2012, 15:16:47 PM »
We are all different and have different tastes as to what we want to do, and what we want to eat, on holiday.  Personally, we don't eat steaks at home at all so when we go on holiday we enjoy a good few steaks - especially the steak with swedese sauce at Bella mama - yummy and the steak with onions & mushrooms at Meeting Point - also excellent.  I am not a steak(or wine) connoisseur all I know is what I enjoy, so may be they are not up to scratch but they are fine for us for the price we pay.  However, we also eat fish and chicken dishes whilst over in Turkey so we have a good assortment.  We also enjoy the odd chinese meal.  Surely that is what holidays are all about - doing exactly what you want and eating whatever you want to eat - whatever country you in. 

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2012, 15:24:59 PM »
i can vouch for the fillet steak (bona file) from kipa lovely steak better then England

Offline ovacik2

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2012, 15:58:35 PM »
Kipa give you the choice, local or imported apparently from Italy when we asked. :-\

Offline Marggie

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2012, 16:06:22 PM »
Before Kipa opened we always bought our meat at one of the butchers in the Fish Market, now we always buy in Kipa as their meat is excellent.

Offline ovacik2

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2012, 16:22:23 PM »
Anyone wanting a change from steak and has a supplier for Peacock, found a great recipe:-

http://www.gourmet.com/recipes/1950s/1951/12/peacock

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf