Author Topic: Goodbye Orient Express ?  (Read 9731 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: Goodbye Orient Express ?
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2013, 21:31:47 PM »
You say tomato  :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2013, 21:32:48 PM »
And you say okay anus?

Offline susuz.1

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2013, 22:03:45 PM »
Does anyone know where George went after leaving Orient Express?

Offline amca

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2013, 22:37:33 PM »
Okayanus that is.
=======
Baliks are okay, too.

Offline busybee

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2013, 05:08:43 AM »
George told us when he left the Orient that he was going to UK, his sister lives there.  Dont know if it was just to work for a while but he hasnt worked anywhere in Calis since

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2013, 07:25:15 AM »

This may not be the 'George" you mean?  This was April 2010.
We saw this lovely man briefly in Calis last September.  I think he was visiting family - he still lives in the UK.  We don't know him well but he still stopped and greeted us and had a chat.  Indeed he was one of the main reasons we used the Orient - but the food was also very good.  I'm not really fond of the new(est) layout - so very open and a bit bare.  I also missed the comfy chairs outside.  It often happened that when we just stopped for a drink we would end up eating there.

Offline tonysue

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2013, 10:14:41 AM »

This may not be the 'George" you mean?  This was April 2010.
We saw this lovely man briefly in Calis last September.  I think he was visiting family - he still lives in the UK.  We don't know him well but he still stopped and greeted us and had a chat.  Indeed he was one of the main reasons we used the Orient - but the food was also very good.  I'm not really fond of the new(est) layout - so very open and a bit bare.  I also missed the comfy chairs outside.  It often happened that when we just stopped for a drink we would end up eating there.
yes thats George, real name Hideyat. spelling may be wrong which is why we called him George. His brother who we called Tiger worked in Eko's dawn beach but he also left to work in England. You would never know they were brothers as totally different in looks and personality but both lovely men.

Offline busybee

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2013, 15:37:23 PM »
Yes thats the George I mean, am so glad he is doing OK in the UK.

Offline casacluggo

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2013, 17:55:32 PM »
Yes I can confirm that is chicken George. He used to work with another lovely waiter whom everyone called Billy, who I believe also has found work in Blighty. The last time we visited 18months ago, the place had been " modernised". the owner was gushing about the new Cook from Istanbul. The food was very fancy but good, but the atmosphere was gone ie not as it was. Also the toilets were moved resulting in  one W.C. ( no urinals) in the Gents, and the lovely wood burning oven to cook pizzas and bread was gone. I am not surprised of it`s surmise. we will be back last 2 weeks this may, looking forward to all the changes since our last visit.    :)

Offline The Bruces

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2013, 16:12:23 PM »
About a year/18 months ago, George was working in an eatery just outside Tunbridge Wells, in Kent. We had a trip out that way one day to see if we could say hello but he was away. We understand he was having visa problems at the time but have no recent update.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf