Author Topic: Zantara Restaurant  (Read 2674 times)

Offline Janbee

Zantara Restaurant
« on: June 01, 2013, 14:51:56 PM »
A party of 12 of us went to the Zantara restaurant which is also a charity, and had a fabulous meal.  The prices are very reasonable and the service was excellent.  There is a good selection of food and all freshly cooked.  A few people ordered steak in a mushroom sauce, which was delicious, and the steak was very tender and cooked to perfection.  We all recieved our main course at the same time.  The prices were very good value and the Efes only 5 lira! I will definitely go there again.   :)

Offline busybee

Re: Zantara Restaurant
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 16:23:21 PM »
Can you tell if you went on a Friday please.  Some holiday makers went on a Friday, and said it was full of Turks, well there's a bloody surprise and the meals werent good and expensive.  Comparing it to Gems over the road......  : :)10 of us went a couple of months back on a Friday, food was fab and so was the music.

Offline Janbee

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 17:08:04 PM »
 ;D We went last night, there were the 12 of us, and I think another couple, and I really don't see how it can be compared to Cem's or Cimmy's! It's a completely different type of restaurant.   For a start it's very clean! A few of our neighbours have been a few times and have loved it everytime.  The Turkish breakfast is very good, although it is 15 lira you get a feast! The staff are lovely too! We all thought the prices were very good, our steaks with mushrooms and sides were 25 Lira which by my calculation is less than £10 and the portions are good! The holidaymakers must have been shocked to see a lot of Turks in a Turkish restaurant!  :o

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 17:19:19 PM »
Where is it?

Offline Janbee

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 18:07:42 PM »
It's down Baris Manco Bulvari, you go from the traffic lights in Calis, going up towards the Pork shop, Cimmy's and PJ's which are on the left. Opposite the Pork shop, there is a grassed area, park, and it's the other side of the park.  It doesn't look much to look at from the outside, but it's quite spacious at the back of it.   

Offline mac2010

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 08:03:05 AM »
Can you tell if you went on a Friday please.  Some holiday makers went on a Friday, and said it was full of Turks, well there's a bloody surprise and the meals werent good and expensive.  Comparing it to Gems over the road......  :  :)10 of us went a couple of months back on a Friday, food was fab and so was the music.
      Full of Turks. That's normally a good sign.Maybe next time it could say full of locals.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 08:20:43 AM »
   " Full of Turks. That's normally a good sign.Maybe next time it could say full of locals."

I think Busybee was just repeating what she was told. That said "full of Turks" is probably quite accurate as they do go to Calis for holidays as well. Not every at Turkish person is local to the area.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf