Author Topic: authentic turkish restaurant  (Read 8749 times)

Offline paul and barbara

authentic turkish restaurant
« on: August 24, 2013, 18:58:30 PM »
Sorry if we are posting in wrong topic but had an Efes or three but was wondering where to go for the best authentic Turkish cuisine in the Calis area.  Seem to remember Scunner mentioning one near the hospital but cant find the post . 

Thanks for your help

Offline mac2010

Re: authentic turkish restaurant
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 16:14:16 PM »
The best place to go is the pasa kebap restaurant in Fethiye. Hop on the water taxi from Calis when in Fethiye follow the one way system round and you will find it on the left,5 min stroll from the water taxi office.Enjoy.. :P :P

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 16:29:57 PM »
The one I may have mentioned near the hospital was probably Alo 24, some excellent Turkish food - but to be honest we haven't been there in a couple of years so hopefully someone else can give an up to date appraisal.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 17:53:22 PM »
It has gone down hill according to our friends who live there... We had a meal there just before we left and were disappointed...

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 20:32:01 PM »
The best traditional food is always in the lokantas.  Never had a disappointing one in any of them

Offline valleyboy

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 06:48:09 AM »
Agreed always Lokantas for us also   :)

Offline sunlover

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 09:06:30 AM »
Lokantas for us, if its good enough for the locals its good enough for us :) the food at all of the lokantas we have used has been excellent, good turkish food.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 09:09:10 AM »
Yes lokantas are the business, but the problem is that if you are staying in Calis at the main hotels for the first time, lokantas aren't easy to find.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 09:12:10 AM »
I really didnt like Alo 24 last time we went, shame as it used to be excellent.
All around the Devlet hospital are lots of lokantas they're all nice, and very reasonable prices.
There's a little kebab place opposite Bim near Sultan patisserie that's worth a visit too.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 09:56:35 AM »
If we stand back and think about this, all the restaurants are in Turkey and all the Chefs are Turkish.  So the food is authentic.  The only reason people ask for authentic Turkish Food is because the holiday makes want British, Italian, Chinese, Indian  type food.. i.e. Full English Breakfasts, Sunday Roasts, Curries, Pizzas and of course Steak.. the one food that is always first to be mentioned when a local restaurant is recommended.
All the local restaurants have Turkish Menus and serve Turkish food, we just have to ask for it.

I would also add that the little cafe next to the Delta where all the taxi drivers eat have really good "Turkish Food" when my son and daughter in law where on their honeymoon last year staying in the Delta. They got hungry and my son went out  late at night to find some food he and my d.i.l. raved about the food they got there which was meat balls and kebaps.  In fact, they kept returning to the place.  I don't recall ever seeing a recommendation for this cafe and don't know it's name, but I always see locals eating there.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf