Author Topic: What is open and what is going on after the Tourist Season?  (Read 8535 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: What is open and what is going on after the Tourist Season?
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2013, 15:58:18 PM »
Don't get "down" about it Des

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2013, 17:00:39 PM »
If they are open Christmas Day I wonder if they will have some quackers to pull (Not the CBF member!!)  :D

Offline VOJOs

• Newly Registered
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2013, 17:37:41 PM »
ok this was copied from our facebook page for people who doesnt use facebook

The summer is fast nearing its end and as most of you know we have decided to stay open in the winter. With that in mind we have tried to think of some activities to keep us all amused and with the following we hope have something for most people.

Monday: We have very close ties with the charity Embace and from 11am until 2pm we will be holding a weekly table top sale with all proceds going directly to the charity. The cost of a table will be 10tl, and the first one will be Monday 28 October so please sort out your un-wanted items and hopefully make yourself a few lira.
Monday: We have joined the 3Cs pool and dart league which means a team competion every week and includes both home and way matches plus its an excuse for a night out.

Tuesday: Starting on 5 Novemeber we will be serving a full English breakfast from 9am until 11am including a free tea or coffee for the special price of just 10tl. (this offer is only availble on a Tuesday and at the times stated)
Tuesday: We are making Tuesday night Karoake night so all you budding superstars come on let us hear your wonderful singing voices.

Wednesday: This will still be our quiz day but as from 30 October the quiz will be in the afternoon and will start at 3pm. We have a few surprises coming soon to make the quiz a bit more entertaining, and as usual we will have a prize for the winning team.

Thursday: We are making Thursday afternoons game afternoons and this will include various card game,backgammon, dominos plus we have various games to be played on the Wi, so why not pop in for a couple of hours of lighthearted fun. This will start on Thursday 7 November at 2pm
Thursday: This is our special meal night and will begin on a date to be announced very soon - watch this space.

Friday: At the moment this will be just a normal day but if you have ideas or want to do something let us know.

Saturday: We all know that Saturday is a sport day so if you want to watch the tv surounded by the beautiful views of Calis just pop in will be showing as much football,rugby,F1 that we can.
Saturday: Saturday night is as it has always been at Vojos party night, so for the best night out in Calis make sure you visit us.

Sunday: This will another quite day but again we will be showing plenty of sport and
we will be serving the best Sunday Roast you will have ever tasted.

Offline buddy

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2013, 00:05:04 AM »
Just a suggestion, but when I have been out in October or early April I find that the prom looks very dark and uninviting from the bridge. I think there needs to be a good lighting column above the viewing decking, to light the place up and make it more obvious that there are still some restaurants open on the prom.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2013, 07:13:00 AM »

Offline VOJOs

• Newly Registered
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2013, 00:01:43 AM »
Just a suggestion, but when I have been out in October or early April I find that the prom looks very dark and uninviting from the bridge. I think there needs to be a good lighting column above the viewing decking, to light the place up and make it more obvious that there are still some restaurants open on the prom.

We had loads of fancy lights but been told that because turtles comes to beach and they dont like the lights we would have been told to remove them and thats the reason why çalış beach front always has low lights

Offline buddy

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2013, 13:15:09 PM »
Thanks for the explanation Vojo's.  :) I was at your opening night in April, I hope you've had a good first season.  :)

Offline VOJOs

• Newly Registered
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2013, 16:16:25 PM »
Thanks for the explanation Vojo's.   :) I was at your opening night in April, I hope you've had a good first season.   :)

your very welcome mate.. yes we had a very very busy summer  :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2013, 16:48:03 PM »
You will also notice that the prom lights face inwards (towards the restaurants) and are blacked out on the beach side. I was told that the hatching turtles do not head for the sea, they head for the light of the moon - and normal street lighting can confuse them into heading the wrong way entirely.

It may not be entirely true but it's a nice explanation.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2013, 16:56:48 PM »
And its completely right Keith, you,re more educated than I thought.  ;)  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf