Author Topic: Remer Hotel Calis  (Read 5501 times)

Offline Ray1951

Remer Hotel Calis
« on: October 14, 2012, 15:49:36 PM »
Some friends have been going to the Remer in Calis for many years.  They often go twice a year. I have just received an e-mail from them saying that the Remer will be and 'all inclusive' hotel next year and the prices are quite expensive.  NOT good news for the bars and restarants
in the area.  I think this is a BIG mistake going down this road.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Remer Hotel Calis
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 15:56:17 PM »
I'm sure one small hotel going all inclusive won't make much difference. People who would have stayed there will book somewhere else if they don't want to pay for AI, and it might bring people to Calis who may have gone somewhere else for an AI holiday.

Offline cheers

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 16:12:26 PM »
Have stayed there a couple of times myself and would definitely want more from an AI than what they offered

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 16:15:56 PM »
I cannot see a lot of people wanting to eat at one small Hotel every day. There is a great choice of Hotels in Calis, and a wonderful choice of restaurants,  people will go elsewhere.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 17:21:43 PM »
Travel Republic - without flights all inclusive for two people = £546 in June, £ 778 in July, £800 in August and £ 650 in Septemeber.

Mind you don't expect to find the Hotel where they say it is :o :o :o

Offline Christie

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 19:02:06 PM »
We heard that the Remur was going AI next year.   I cannot see how it would work as it is a small hotel, small pool area.  Being AI people will want to stay on site and I doubt there is room around the pool for everyone.  Also it is a basic 3 star hotel - as nice as the food probably is in all the 3 star hotels in Calis we certainly would not want to eat in all the time.   We heard rumours that a few more hotels in Calis would be going AI soon.  Not good news for all the restaurants coupled with the increased drink prices.   

Offline cheers

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 20:18:20 PM »
Can't believe those prices for next year and they are without flights!  As Christie has said very small pool area, only 1 main course on for dinner but lots of mezes, entertainment is Karaoke every night.  Nothing to attract me back there at that price

:o ??? :o

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 17:15:35 PM »
I stayed at the Remer several times before renting a house in Calis.  The manager, Rambo is very nice and so are the cleaning staff.  The rooms are dated but very clean. The guy who rents the hotel is a money grabber and although he has spent a bit on the outside, the rooms remain the same as they were 10 years ago but showing signs of wear and tear.  The pool is not suitable for children or people who need rails to get into the pool.  The prices for next year are outrageous and I can see this being the death knell of the place.  Shame for the staff but hell rub it into the greedy guy from Antalya who rents the place.  Lots of people return to the Remer year after year but when you consider that in 2012 you could stay there for B & B for less than £50 pp for two weeks, next years prices and not on !

Offline cheers

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 17:42:43 PM »
I agree with everything you said Ray 1951 and the only thing I would add is 'Boss Man' is a sleezeball where teenagers are concerned!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 17:53:22 PM »
Not the CBF boss man :D

The Bahar went all inclusive - a similar size and hotel type - I guess that wasn't a great success.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf