Author Topic: 2015 prices  (Read 8570 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: 2015 prices
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2015, 20:48:11 PM »
Anyone who believes accommodation in Spain is cheaper than Turkey/Calis is living on another planet I'm afraid.

I don't think anyone has even said that.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2015, 20:57:30 PM »
We know people who went to Spain last year and they paid a lot less than we do to fly to Turkey.
We also had offers from Thomson and Thomas Cook for Spanish holidays that were unbelievably cheap.
In fact, just looked at one offer from Gatwick for a week self catering in Spain £129.00 each flights included.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2015, 21:14:05 PM »
Based on experience rather than just making claims I can tell you that for a family of four the equation is not about how much flights are or accommodation is. Flights + accommodation (together) are pretty much the same to Turkey and to Spain. Turkey cheap accommodation expensive flights Spain cheap flights more expensive accommodation. But the sum of the two parts is almost identical.

So then it comes to prices for food, drink, alcohol and the like and I can tell you that anyone who thinks Turkey is cheaper is perhaps living on the other planet mentioned, or living in the past.

Offline KIP

• Newly Registered
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2015, 18:03:27 PM »
I have just got an amazing deal to stay at the Nevada with Sunshine.co.uk. Bed and breakfast including flights and hold luggage.

As a lone traveller, taking an apartment is out of the question for me as the price is just too expensive for one.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2015, 18:27:10 PM »
Interesting thread. I think Scunner hit the nail on the head with his last comment.

We have a place in Turkey so I do not keep tabs of the cost of rental/hotels but I can tell you that Portugal and Spain both offer at least as cheap, if not cheaper food and drink.... and if you like wine ... no contest   ;)

Offline JulieDiane

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2015, 18:30:24 PM »
We're going to Mojacar Spain for a week in June, on the beach, 4 star hotel All Inclusive, sea view, just under £400 each, incl flights, we don't often do AI however also went to Egypt for a week a couple of weeks ago, 5 star AI, amazing hotel 6 a la carte restaurants £377 each, incl flights. We had hoped to get to Calis in August but its looking doubtful now, we will be 1st time grandparent 23rd!!! However we are going for a fortnight in October to Mexico which has cost a small fortune, i do think Turkey isn't as attractive financially as it used to be, still love it though  :)

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2015, 19:35:30 PM »
We are doing both this year,  spending our last 5 nights in a Hotel, because the apartment wanted far too much for 5 nights, got a hotel on the front B&B, for less than half the price, having said that we paid £750 1 week last year for an apartment in Alcudia, but as has been said the flights were much cheaper, so it's swings and roundabouts really, oh hang, no its not, the wine was cheap in Spain, lol.  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf