Author Topic: Name and shame... beaten up and mugged in Uzumlu  (Read 36868 times)

Offline JaqDav

• Hoping to retire to Calis in the next few years
Re: Name and shame... beaten up and mugged in Uzumlu
« Reply #110 on: November 03, 2014, 11:24:23 AM »
I've followed this with great interest, no I don't live in Turkey so that would mean some think I'm not eligible to an opinion on this BUT surely common sense and decency should prevail here. Mud slinging and bad mouthing does nothing to help the situation. Only those directly involved in this know the truth, anything else is pure speculation. As an "outsider" I simply see a horrible incident that is being made worse by the endless bickering and open hostility on some sides. I don't know what happened, I didn't witness it so i neither condemn or support either side in this. Let's leave this and let those involved deal with it and any consequences that may or may not follow.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #111 on: November 03, 2014, 12:33:11 PM »
Thought John Jones was a female from the first post, this late defense of the bar owner is puzzling too, a man was beaten up, regardless of if he was pi**ed or not, he should have been asked to leave the bar if it was that bad, further more I would not hang around for a safe to fly note if this had happened to me, nit pick all you like, the bottom line is, a man was beaten up, what will be the excuse next time, !

Offline davybill

« Reply #112 on: November 05, 2014, 20:58:42 PM »
Yes if had been my son, and it was Eddy who beat him up,I would certainly want justice,/to put it mildly/

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #113 on: November 05, 2014, 21:50:41 PM »

I've followed this with great interest, no I don't live in Turkey so that would mean some think I'm not eligible to an opinion on this

Why do you think that? It's not correct - far more people on here live outside Turkey than live in it. All opinions are welcome, I'm not sure where you got that opinion from.

Offline mac2010

« Reply #114 on: November 06, 2014, 08:37:35 AM »
Has the person been arrested or charged seeing as it was such a savage and ferocious attack.By reading all the post's I understand not only was he beaten but robbed.Surely some police action was taken.

Offline AandP

• Uzumlu
« Reply #115 on: November 06, 2014, 09:46:44 AM »
Thanks for clarifying that, Scunner.
We live in Uzumlu, were shocked to read Don's original post, and have followed the threads with interest and alarm.
On the one side you have opinions that this was an entirely unprovoked attack by someone who is clearly a risk to society; on the other, that the attack was retribution (albeit vicious) for the punching of a Turk and running off without paying the bill, following previous bad behaviour in the same bar.
It is interesting to see how things can get distorted;- we had a visit last week from a friend who is holidaying in Calis and asked about "this woman who's been attacked in a bar in Uzumlu". I guess we're just asking for people to think before they voice opinions about Uzumlu that can be damaging; there are other bars & restaurants here that may suffer.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf