Author Topic: Just how stupid is this???  (Read 11371 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: Just how stupid is this???
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2016, 22:49:18 PM »
Thomson will Jacqui but probably not on a date that would suit. :(

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2016, 23:12:21 PM »

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2016, 23:20:39 PM »
Thomson will Jacqui but probably not on a date that would suit. :(

Sorry John, They will not, try going onto they website and booking one way fare.  Not allowed. I have spoken to their Head Office and they tell me, no one way flights.   We thought we could do that and then when over there book a return.  The Thomsons shop Peterhead have also confirmed, no one way flights from Aberdeen.

Offline fernando torres

« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2016, 11:24:57 AM »
I have now come to the conclusion that it is the tour operator's that are boycotting Turkey, they're not even trying to sell their packages/flights. You would think that they would be trying to sell the holidays not putting prices up.
Like JH I have been searching all over the websites, found one last night Thomson 2 weeks AI in Belcekis Olu Deniz, £ 1,728 pp LOL !!!! and flight only over £ 600 mind you the flight has reduced from £ 889 pp.
I also receive all sorts of emails like Keith from Jet 2, Turkey holidays from £ 199 ? haven't found them, Monarch flights to Dalaman £ 49 ?and Thomas Crook with their usual crap.It's these companies that's killing tourism in Turkey.
Icelolly.com are cheaper but their flights are via Istanbul .
I'm losing the will to live 

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2016, 11:32:53 AM »

There are some cheap flights out - but not coming back
(this is ex Leeds)

Offline fernando torres

« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2016, 11:41:29 AM »
I spotted that Bluewise next to nothing going out £ 400 coming back, I'm looking for other people ,looked at packages as well but they are horrendous. looking at August returning beginning September, couldn't be a worse time.
Does anyone remember when holidays couldn't be sold and you got £ 99 allocation on arrival, a couple we spoke to a couple of years ago got 2 weeks half board Belcekis Beach including flight, Happy Days

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2016, 12:51:30 PM »

Sorry John, They will not, try going onto they website and booking one way fare.  Not allowed. I have spoken to their Head Office and they tell me, no one way flights.   We thought we could do that and then when over there book a return.  The Thomsons shop Peterhead have also confirmed, no one way flights from Aberdeen.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2016, 12:55:42 PM »
Yes, that is very good, 13th October, two weeks until the end of the the end of the season, so only a two week Holliday.
 We could book a return for two weeks.   We want to go in September for a month and come back in October.  I have been told by Thomson's that we cannot book single flights for our dates ( and we have been flexible) in September. 

Offline lissa

« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2016, 09:35:13 AM »
Steel bird is the handling agent for Monarch. They are not manned by English.  Turkish personnel but some do speak English. They might sell seats from Dalaman to UK for Monarch but will not sell other operators seats. Thomson and Thomas Cook stopped selling seats at the airport a couple of years ago. As far as I know, it is not possible to buy Easy jet seats at Dalaman, don't know about Jet2. Thomson do sell from their offices here in Turkey and also sell seats from the UK to Dalaman, also returns, but I don't know if they offer all airports for all dates and durations. Better to ring them and ask for specific dates etc. Some of the agencies in Fethiye also sell flights seats, such as Lama tours and the agency opposite Migros in town.

Offline lissa

« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2016, 15:10:57 PM »
Just received an email from Thomson office here about return flight availability from UK. Only goes up to end of August but if anyone is looking for other dates, other airports, maybe worth emailing.

Deborah.rouse@thomson.co.uk
Tel 0252 614 6663
Mobile 0539 498 4254.

They also do one ways from Dalaman, perhaps from UK also.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf