Author Topic: Best place for lunch  (Read 6898 times)

Offline Lotty

Re: Best place for lunch
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2015, 13:07:30 PM »
Yes agree with flightyrachel,  Izela are very good, lovely food. We also stayed the night in one of their fabulous rooms too. Great for a special occasion.  ;D

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2015, 10:37:06 AM »
Izela is absolutely gorgeous, but just one caveat in case anyone goes and is disappointed....the pool is not open for general use, it is for guests who are staying in their accommodation.   :)

Offline villain

• The most unpopular poster in the village
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2015, 10:12:01 AM »
We are staying in Koca Calis at the moment.  Having not been to Kayakoy for 20 years(!),  I'm really keen to visit and have a wander. I'm  sure I have read somewhere on here that at least one of the hotels/restaurants will pick you up/drop you off and you can use the pool etc.  if you eat and drink there. Is that right? If so,  would someone be kind enough to give me some more detail? I don't  want to take the mickey,  but ideally would like to arrive say midafternoon, use the pool with the kids,  spend an hour or so wandering around the village itself and return to the hotel for dinner. Is that possible?

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2015, 12:17:09 PM »
Istanbul and Muzzy's will pick you up and take you back, both have pools.  Both a stones throw from each other.
My choice would be Istanbul, a bit more chilled out. 

F.B. Page and Website

https://www.facebook.com/pages/ISTANBUL-RESTAURANT/132513130110337?ref=br_rs&sk=reviews

http://www.muzzysplacekayakoy.com

Offline flightyrachel

• Newly Registered
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2015, 18:25:37 PM »
Mercury, good advice... We accidentally went to the Istanbul when they have 4 bus loads of guests for lunch but they still couldn't have made us more welcome! We sat in the garden bit (which is nice) and got served really quickly, my boys used the pool and were the only ones in it! It always seemed quite popular. Muzzy's was much quieter whenever we went there, or walked past.

Sorry for the misinformation re the Izela pool, Wordbird! Thinking about it, it's far too classy a place to have people in wet trunks sitting at the bar!  :-[ I just assumed the pool was open as we never seemed to see the same families twice in it! The food there was absolutely exceptional, like eating out in London for about a quarter of the price. I miss it already!

Tbh I'm not sure you can go wrong eating in Kaya,unless we were just lucky. Fab place!

Villian, what you're planning is exactly what we did last year... liked it so much we stayed there this year!

Offline villain

• The most unpopular poster in the village
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2015, 21:01:45 PM »
Thanks for the info

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2015, 22:59:33 PM »
Try to avoid Kaya on a Tuesday afternoon. The tour companies do the market in the mornings then bus everyone up to Kaya for a walk around the ghost village and a buffet at the Istanbul or Muzzy's.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2015, 08:27:47 AM »
Will make a note of that KKOB.  Thanks.  We did arrive once at the Istanbul just as a bus load of Germans arrived.  However, they sat them inside at long tables and we sat outside. They had a buffet type meal and we ordered from the Menu, so it really did not affect us at all.  Also, for anyone wanting to use the pool, of course, the coach parties do not do this.
Having said that, we will avoid a Tuesday now, as we do like the place nice and quiet at lunchtimes.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf