Author Topic: Record Rents in Istanbul  (Read 7622 times)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Record Rents in Istanbul
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2007, 18:45:51 PM »
Moda *is* cheap in comparison to many other areas of Istanbul and 150YTL for kapici AND heating is also cheap - a lot of folks would bite your hand off for a deal like that.

Nothing wrong with a good proportion of Cihangir either - like many areas, the gypsies are getting (have been) moved out in preparation for 2010.

JF

Offline starman

Record Rents in Istanbul
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2007, 04:23:08 AM »
Sorry Linda but you are wrong. Moda is cheap compared to all the other places expats live due to the fact it is on the Asian side.
I showed clients around a roof top terrace in Moda, 3 bed, 2 living rooms and an all around 350 sq meter terrace and the building was right by the sea with no road betwen it and the marmara. Asking price was 1400 euros per month. The same thing in Bebek would be over 10,000 USD per month.
My heating alone (not kapici) costs around 200 lira and that is on an independent system which I control like a nazi. I know of others paying 1500 ytl or more per month, so believe you me, you do have it good.

Offline Linda1953

Record Rents in Istanbul
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2007, 19:08:32 PM »
Sorry starman but I am living here you are not. :) Every Turk I have spoken to says where I am living is expensive so it is not just me saying this I am reporting back what has been said to me by Turks.  

Just because you have lived in Turkey for 15 years does not mean you are always RIGHT ok.  :)

And stop following me around this forum like you have been doing do you fancy me or something???:P:P

« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 19:12:17 PM by Linda1953 »

Offline starman

Record Rents in Istanbul
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2007, 19:49:09 PM »
Wrong again. I DO live here in Istanbul and I DO know the rental markets in Istanbul because it is my JOB to know.
This week alone I have been helping clients find flats in Bostanci, Suadiye, Cadde Bostan, Fener yolu, Moda, Bebek, Ulus, Etiler, Levent, Atakoy, Florya, Basimkoy, Istinye and Tarabya.
Now take a look at a map and you will see that how much of the city I cover which puts me in a better position then you and most others on if you are paying a lot or not. Quite a few of my clients are Turks so dont come to me with the "my turkish friends said blah blah" card.

I am not following you around but just correcting the wrong information you are putting out here.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Record Rents in Istanbul
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2007, 20:55:14 PM »
Starman, I am admiring the way you are keeping your temper over this conversation. Keep taking whatever it is that is helping you with this - I could probably use some of the same stuff.

Offline starman

Record Rents in Istanbul
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2008, 19:02:05 PM »
Turkish coffee but in a mug and not a little cup helps keep me calm followed by a drive down the E5. After that everything else just seems irrelevant.

Offline Linda1953

Record Rents in Istanbul
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2008, 12:05:41 PM »
Sorry sorry my stay in Istanbul was completely a figment of my imagination............ooo it must have all been a dream.

Offline starman

Record Rents in Istanbul
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2008, 12:44:10 PM »
or you are just living in dreamland with no idea of the big picture.
Put it this way, if someone shared a flat in Tower Hamlets and never really went anywhere else in London to live and had nothing to do with the real estate market then how would they know what the general picture is for what is expensive or not in London?
Do you know what the average allowance for rent is for expats in Istanbul?
Do you know what the average aidat is?
Do you know which is the most popular area for expats? (it is not Moda)

Offline Linda1953

Record Rents in Istanbul
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2008, 12:39:31 PM »
Jeez give it rest starman .........ok point taken............you know more than I do! LOL

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
Record Rents in Istanbul
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2008, 16:22:39 PM »
Who`s been trying to teach Grandma to suck eggs.   :P

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf