Author Topic: Travel to Alanya  (Read 4238 times)

Offline red rob

Travel to Alanya
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2006, 15:41:23 PM »
We stayed in Side a few years back and had a great holiday.
The majority were Germans but a fair amount of Brits and Scandanavians as well,personally I don't care where anyone is from as long the are decent people.There are a lot of Brits I would like to avoid.
I will never forget the waterfront restaurants and glorious sunsets.
Rob.

Offline teresa321

Travel to Alanya
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2006, 18:20:38 PM »
Is that wonderful restaurant (forgive spelling) Pasaqoy still there - never seen a place like it.

Teresa

Offline red rob

Travel to Alanya
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2006, 20:29:35 PM »
Can't remember the names of the restaurants,always enjoyed the ones nearest the sea with tables next to the rocks.The sound of the sea,fine food and watching the sunset,takes some beating.
I do remember a restaurant owned by a Welsh lady,the one with the big Welsh flag outside.

Offline wickwilly

Travel to Alanya
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2006, 20:57:02 PM »
Just came back to Fethiye having spent 2 night in an all inclusive hotel in Kemer. A few Brits in the hotel but mainly Russians and Germans. Everyone seemed friendly enough. Went into Kemer where everything was priced in Euros.It is very handy beeing married to a Turk. My wife laid into a couple of shopkeepers who tried not to accept YTL. She threatened to report them to the Zabita (tax /officialwatchers of shop keepers)and they quickly changed their attitude. The Turkish Govt has said that all prices in shops in Turkey should be in YTL as should transactions in property prices etc. Ankara should send someone down to these areas!!

WW

Offline Linda1953

Travel to Alanya
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2006, 15:56:27 PM »
Yes I noticed that in Kemer, it is frequented by Russians and Germans.

In Alanya they have stopped the little dolmuses that zip up and down to the centrum, I said to my friend well how the hell do you get to the shops? She said there is a bus service but not dolmus!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf