Author Topic: Rum Appeal - Can You Help  (Read 4856 times)

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Rum Appeal - Can You Help
« on: August 04, 2013, 07:05:51 AM »
The 3Cs are planning to hold a repeat of last years highly successful Pirates of the Mediterranean boat trip. The event is planned to take place on September 19th and full details will follow shortly.

Once again I've been put in charge of the grog! It's my special pirate cocktail which we sell on the day with all proceeds going to the charity.

I'm looking for some white and dark rum and wanted to ask if anyone is visiting the UK or coming to Calis before the trip if they could pick me up a bottle at duty free. We are very happy to pay so you won't be out of pocket.

Thanks in advance me hearties !

Offline BernieTeyze

Re: Rum Appeal - Can You Help
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 08:47:58 AM »
Im in..donating a bottle..be over on 6th..so let me know where its to go im in olu.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 09:26:51 AM »
Hi George, yes, we will also donate a bottle I'll get Navy Rum? We arrive a few days before and will drop it round. Looking forward to seeing that new smile too!

Offline tonysue

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 11:54:53 AM »
we are in george. 2 tickets for your neighbours when you book yours please. you can let me know light or dark rum nearer the time.  :)

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 16:14:39 PM »
Thanks Guys, you never fail us, Sue, light or dark isn't a problem, last year we used about 4 litres, anyone else want tickets reserving, just let me know.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 21:41:27 PM »
Awww... gonna miss this...I remember last years well... Well most of it. Best boat trip ever...Even the captain jumped overboard after drinking it...lol...

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 09:31:40 AM »
I spoke to Captain Baris the other day and warned him that the Grog is likely to be very potent this year and to beware!

Thanks all so far who have offered to help.

Offline Baznshir

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 12:50:19 PM »
Reserve two tickets please and all being well, we will bring you a bottle of Yo, Ho, Ho ! We don't get there until the sixteenth and if we don't see Pete and Chrissie before the eighteenth, we will leave the goods at the Eyna. Looking forward to the trip, see you soon.

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2013, 05:55:12 AM »
Thanks both, you are stars. I will make sure your tickets are available. See you soon.

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2013, 18:49:31 PM »
Hello again all, there are still a few tickets left and if you would like to reserve any then just let me know and we will reserve for you. Again if anyone can bring us a bottle of duty free rum (white or brown) we would be very grateful and happy to pay. All of the proceeds raised from our Grog sales will go to help the kids.

We did loads of social events last year but I'm sure most of the committee members agree that the Pirates of the Mediterranean boat trip was probably the best, so come and join us.

The tickets are at the cost price (30 TL) or less than £10 as by way of thanking all who can make it for supporting our worthy cause.

See you on the high seas
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 20:14:12 PM by Rimms »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf