Author Topic: Three missing girls  (Read 7286 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: Three missing girls
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2015, 22:14:49 PM »
UBT - forgive me but I don't follow your second sentence.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2015, 23:03:33 PM »
Personally... phuck'em.  Far more important things to worry about in life than [three personally censored adjectives and a plural noun].

Am I being harsh?  Maybe.

Do I care?  No, not a jot.

Its almost as though IS are the latest salafi boy band, and instead of hanging about outside concert venues, these impressionable young women are flocking to parts of Syria that your average, sane, individual would avoid like the plague (muslim or non muslim).

Old pal of mine is a "high heid yin" at the main Glasgow mosque and his opinion isn't that much different from mine.  Interestingly though, his opinion on the young guys who go there is different - more that its a "shame" on their parents and that their "teachers" have somehow failed them.

JF

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2015, 23:07:13 PM »
UK airport authorities and airlines need to beef up their vettingg procedures for onward travel to suspect countries.
Turkey needs to do the same for incoming passengers.

What you've said is just so wrong in so many different ways.  Seriously, think about it.

JF

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2015, 23:15:53 PM »
A 16 year old girl because she matures much quicker is equal to an 18 year old boy. 
These "children"  were adult enough to plan the journey to Syria to get tickets and money and keep all this secret from their parents.  So, I would say that these are not the actions of innocent children with unformed minds.  Their minds seemed to have been very well form, some would say advanced.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2015, 00:00:52 AM »
They are well educated, wear fashionable clothes, have access to the internet and media,

and will have seen the beheadings, mass murders,slaughter of children, and the burning

alive of the Jordanian pilot. They have then gone ahead with their plans and if they had

a moral compass it was left in East London. They have put two fingers up to a life in a

tolerant democratic country. We should put two fingers up to them.

Their families should be in Turkey searching for them

The police should be in Rotherham searching for hundreds of rapist's.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2015, 10:53:51 AM »
UBT - forgive me but I don't follow your second sentence.

H the 'them' in the sentence, should read 'themselves' (i.e. the parents), hope that clears up the confusion.

Offline suehugh

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2015, 14:51:05 PM »

Sorry JF but I am not wrong. It's understandable that they may have been radicalised. Children tend to choose heroes that are different than those of their elders. Some good , some bad.

So fight the means of radicalisation
Plug the exit and entry. One of the children travelled on her sisters passport
hugh

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2015, 17:07:49 PM »
Looking at this another way, these kids are already brainwashed, if we stop them leaving, perhaps they will turn to terrorism in this country?
I think the answer lies in stopping the brainwashing at source.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2015, 17:19:45 PM »
And locking away your kids passports.!!

Just breaking on Sky News. " It's believed they crossed the border into Syria with known people smugglers 4 days ago "

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2015, 21:43:48 PM »
Agree Kevin - but can a child travel at 15 without the written consent of a parent? My kids could put their hands on their passports if they wanted to - but I was assuming that under 16s can't go anywhere with any airline without parental consent. In fact, they can't fly anywhere alone even with parental consent with a large number of airlines.

I tend to agree that we should "let them go" but they are not going to what they believe they are going to - as has been mentioned they are heading for a horrific (and possibly short) life.

But my point is purely about how they have even got there while families on here have failed to find a way to get their teenage son/daughter over to Calis alone...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf