Author Topic: power of attorney  (Read 2731 times)

Offline shuttle

power of attorney
« on: May 23, 2014, 09:55:59 AM »
Good day to you all.
The lawyer that completed the purchase of my villa for me 4 years still has power of attorney which I now want to remove, so I would appreciate it if one of you kind souls would explain how I go about
it.

Thank you

Anthony and Jean

Offline Saga Louts

• Newly Registered
Re: power of attorney
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 11:22:39 AM »
We happened to use the sam e solicitor as the people we bought from. Not really advisable but things went smoothly. We always both present at meetings and were in close contact with sellers here in England.Still am infact,they have become friends.
I remember them saying to him that he still had power of attorny from when they had originally bought.
Thy had to renew it for the sale to us as he said it was only valid for this one original sale.
I have heard from others that the power is no longer valid after completion ,but you do need to check.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 11:36:56 AM »
In general terms, if it is a restricted POA (created for a single task such as selling/buying a property and this is detailed in the POA) then once that task is completed the remit of the POA is completed and as such, its not much use to anyone. 

If it is a general POA, which I suspect is the more common, then its a pretty powerful document, especially in Turkey.  You need to go to the Notars office where it was issued from and cancel it there.  They inform the person with the POA that it has been cancelled - I think they also inform the local deeds office but not 100% on that.

Its a common procedure and you'll need an official translator. No idea about charges as never had to do this.

JF

Offline IanK

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 13:01:03 PM »
We cancelled a general POA at the notary in Fethiye - I think it was 250-300 TL in total including the translators fee.

Ian

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf