Author Topic: Help Needed  (Read 9951 times)

Offline karen and pauline

Help Needed
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2009, 22:10:56 PM »
so it's ok to accuse someone of stealing and of "giving honest & hard working web developers a bad name", I think the fact that the cousins comment had a smiley at the end may have been a hint that it was a joke.

sorry really don't want to get into this I usually don't comment but do believe that JF started it with his comments.

End of discussion for me but of course you are entitled to your views too.

Have a good evening.  Karen

Offline ytokgoz

• www.propertyandturkey.com
Help Needed
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2009, 23:53:43 PM »
hello all, especially john, i am reading this website somewhere 1 hour north of izmir calls bergama. i left home this morning about 10 oclock and still driving. thats why i am just writing a short and late  reply and late.
i have been trying to organize a dog show in fethiye and visiting some important people in turkey about dog shows.
i really dont want to have an arguement but i will if have to ..
john f, i think you are right and wrong, so it depend on other people ,but
generally speaking i would like people to support this my website as  it is not commercial, more like information of the area. yes how will i earn money i have got a hotel and more people come to area and know the area more tourist will come.i feel like cbf should stand by each other at most times instead of stabbing at their back.
yes people please shoot and tell your comments in manners please.

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
Help Needed
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2009, 00:09:02 AM »
Just looked at the website Yusuf (not that I know anything about websites!), first impression: easy to view, find your way around, good info given, a good start  :).  A couple of 'small' phrasing suggestions maybe (after I've slept & re-read those parts, it's late!  :)).

I liked the sound of 'La Mare', may give it a try sometime soon, if I get 'mates rates' I'd even accept a glass of Krug lol  ;) 8).

Offline ovaciksarah

Help Needed
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2009, 13:21:49 PM »
Hi Yusef, looked at website and very good, maybe needs a few more hotels and restaurants, know your hotel is lovely and the food at your restaurant is great, but you, the family and Kate work hard so deserve it.  he website isn,t a money earner in itself and good for you for doing it, too many people love having a go over nothing.

Offline Janice1971

Help Needed
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2009, 18:50:54 PM »
Hi Yusef, good luck to you, I know how hard it is to keep a business going, unfortunately we failed and have had to move back to England, I had a lot of support from the ex-pat community and made some really good friends along the way, however, there are always going to be sad little group of people with nothing better to do with their time, its astounds me why the ex-pat community cant support each other, just ignore the negative comments and good luck to you!

Janice

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Help Needed
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2009, 19:59:55 PM »
Janice - sorry it didn't work out for you. Generally if you ask for feedback you will get it on CBF- in this instance Yusef asked and he received. He got found out along the way which is unfortunate but what is the point in asking for comments if you only listen to the good? I have always found his posts enjoyable reading and thought him a valuable member but this post left a bad taste in my mouth.

Offline ytokgoz

• www.propertyandturkey.com
Help Needed
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2009, 20:59:15 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Janice1971

.... however, there are always going to be sad little group of people with nothing better to do with their time, its astounds me why the ex-pat community cant support each other, .....
Janice

So why than? why ex-pat community cant support each other? i know some communities in fethiye very good at supporting each other but some not, so why? i am not expat so i cant answer.
Scunner shall we move this question to a new title?

Offline lmaddy

Help Needed
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2009, 21:07:03 PM »
I am stunned at this - what on earth is wrong with using a template to build a website! You either pay for the software or there are a number of hosting companies that offer you free templates when you buy their hosting facilities.
I have build a couple of websites using various templates ( for my villa & our complex), it has given me huge pleasure in doing so. I don't want to pay £100 to £500 to get one built & I want to control on what goes on it and I want to make the changes to it myself. In fact the one for the complex is quite complicated as it includes availability calendars & now slide shows, since I have worked out how to do them.

Ytokgoz the site looks good, I really like the layout & the info is clear, I like the way you navigate from page to page & it has made me think of how I organise my pages. Well done at having a go.

Regards
Lorraine

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Help Needed
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2009, 23:35:44 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by ytokgoz

i feel like cbf should stand by each other at most times instead of stabbing at their back.

You stole someone else's web site.  You got captured.  Now how do you equate that to being stabbed in the back?

JF

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Help Needed
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2009, 23:41:52 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by lmaddy

I am stunned at this - what on earth is wrong with using a template to build a website!

Absolutely nothing - but there is a difference between using a template and ripping someone's site.

How would you feel if you came across someone else using *your* website for *their* complex?  Not too chuffed I expect...

JF

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf