Author Topic: Disabled accomodation available  (Read 2565 times)

Offline SteveJ

Disabled accomodation available
« on: August 01, 2011, 14:18:06 PM »
Our two bedroomed, ground floor apartment is adapted for a wheelchair user with ramped access, easy internal access and a wheel-in wet room with non slip flooring. We don't have it as a rental property but we know from bitter experience how difficult it is to get adapted accomodation so we are willing to rent it out but only to adult couples or perhaps a family with a disabled child, i.e. no able bodied teenagers or kids (sorry but those are our rules). There is no availability in 2011 but PM me for more info if required.

Offline mallyc

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 23:50:04 PM »
What a fantastic gesture Steve, my wife is in a wheelchair so I will have to seriously think about your offer of accomadation, we are booked into the Mutlu again in September,(can`t wait) it`s a very good hotel for wheelchair users, apart from the usual bathroom size problems, but we manage.
Where abouts is your apartment?

Cheers,
Mal  8)

Offline brianthegardener

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 04:38:41 AM »
Here is a place in Ovacik that is disabled friendly ...

http://www.halcyondaysholidays.com/ ... the web site is a little out of date as " the english owners" have now rented the hotel out .. but it still has all the disabled friendly facilities.

You can check out re views on this site..

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hote...rovince_Turkish_Aegean_Coast.html

Hope this helps

Offline lissa

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 11:15:04 AM »
I think Ocakkoy has a cottage that is adapted for wheelchairs, and the apartments are also suitable, as the former owner was wheelchair bound herself. There are ramps going from the apartments to the adult pools, and they did, at one time, have a hoist for lifting in and out of one of the adult pools, though better to check this service is still available.

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 11:23:45 AM »
Hi Mal,

I've PM'd you. We are out in September ourselves (between 15th and 29th) so if you are over at the same time you could pay us a visit to check it out.  :)

Offline patrice

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 12:43:08 PM »
Well done Scunner for putting this topic on the forum to help cater for the needs of all.:D

Offline margob

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2011, 09:26:41 AM »
hi I have an appertment in Deliktas area it is adapted for weelchair use.We had it built for my grandaughter the whole complex is barrier free.This was done by our wonderful Turkish builders Manzara Constuction.We have to many addaptions to list internal elevator ect I would normaly not consider renting but if it was to a family with child or adult with disability I would not have a problem.The apartment is for our own use so most dates are available.I hope this will be helpful to this section of the forum.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf