Author Topic: S G K Health Insurance FIASCO - Urgent  (Read 36106 times)

Offline Dutchie

S G K Health Insurance FIASCO - Urgent
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2011, 19:26:42 PM »
Have you ever looked into private health insurance in Turkey?

It's probably more expensive than Bagkur but, like you said, you'll need some kind of insurance.
I've had an insurance from Yapi Kredi for many years and found the price reasonable.
Unfortunately they don't cover serious illnesses (e.g. cancer, heart trouble) during the first year.

Offline kizkucuk

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2011, 19:43:43 PM »
some of the bank ones cover in patient treatment but not out patient so if you have an op you are covered but follow appointments aren't covered - I spy a gap in the market - please post email address when you have it rindaloo.   Thanks

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2011, 19:47:30 PM »
If things don't settle with the Turkish Healthcare, we'd possibly be interested in private insurance that accepts a 62 year old with pre existing conditions.  -Any ideas??  The beauty of Bag Kur (for the 3 years it's been available), is it didn't exclude on age or medical history.

Offline Dutchie

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2011, 20:22:22 PM »
Pre existing conditions might cause a problem with the private insurances.

They probably won't exclude you but might not cover the conditions.

A friend of mine who had broken her back about 15 years ago, couldn't find an insurance company that would include back problems.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2011, 19:09:31 PM »
It seems that there might be light at the end of the tunnel.  I am sorry to have wound you up only to say now, that we need to wait.  But I am being told that calls are being made and hopefully, things will be OK.  When I hear more, I will post it here.

Offline vinvola

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2011, 09:26:19 AM »
This has been on the forum before, but now I think it is more relevant.Bear in mind that it has not been prepared by a professional.
http://aegeanindependent.com/?page_id=584

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2011, 17:19:52 PM »
This petition in the Aegean Independent has little or no chance of getting the British government to provide a healthcare service for people living in Turkey. To single out Turkey will leave the gate open for every expat in every country in the world to ask for the same. The government is not going to make an exception for Turkey as the total cost for providing healthcare for every expat would bankrupt the country.

Expats throughout the world have to make provision for their healthcare through private providers and why should those living in Turkey be any different.It is unfortunate but there are many people that have conditions that are not covered by these policies. My own personal experience, being a diabetic, evrything was excluded. I think if I had an ingrowing toenail that would have been excluded.

France and Spain are only main exceptions that I know of where the local NHS is provided to expats.For each of these you need to be an OAP. If you are below pension age you have to provide your own cover.

Offline vinvola

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2011, 09:46:13 AM »
I don't understand how it would bankrupt the country as the ex-pats involved have paid into the national health all their working lives. The funds in question will come from moneys already paid.
 As for the petition, it has been written to try to bring the subject to the foreground and there is no reason that it could not be listened to.
The fact remains that a foreign person who resides in the UK does get free medical care if he or she is unemployed.
 The people behind this petition simply want what they have paid for and if the governments were ever to get together there is no reason that this could not be achieved.
Everyone will have a different point of view on this subject but the fact remains that the argument being put forward by the petition are not far off the mark. If this was ever to be resolved then a lot of people here would be a lot more comfortable with their lives.
As for the ex-pats throughout the rest of the world, I believe they should have the same rights and should be fighting for it.

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2011, 12:05:35 PM »
The NHS is available to you if you live in the UK. Expats choose to live abroad and if they had done their research then they would have known the situation and taken it into account before leaving the country. Not one expat was marched to a port or airport and forced on a ship or plane.They left of their own free will.

The argument that foreigners get NHS treatment in the UK means that this petition by expats in Turkey should not be aimed towards the UK government but towards the Turkish government. It is the Turkish citizen that should be providing the subsidy. Any expat living in Turkey is actually investing in the Turkish economy and not the UK economy. Expats are generating employment and prosperity in Turkey so let the Turkish government pick up the tab like the UK worker does for foreigners in the UK.

There are many Brits living in Turkey who have claimed double taxation relief and are not paying tax in the UK. I doubt if anyone has paid enough in NI over the years to supply a state pension and private healthcare when living abroard while most people in the UK have to wait months for treatment.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 12:06:36 PM by Ovacikpeedoff »

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2011, 12:12:35 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Ovacikpeedoff

The NHS...

.... in the UK have to wait months for treatment.

Like :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf