Author Topic: Hairdressers and all things women related!  (Read 3877 times)

Offline Nil

Hairdressers and all things women related!
« on: July 05, 2006, 08:44:17 AM »
Hi,

This is a question to all you women out there (although some men may know as well!!!), where in Calis (or Fethiye) would you recommend for women's hairdressers?  beauty treatments? waxing? facials etc...?  I've been to the Ece Saray (in Fethiye) spa twice but found it to be quite expensive and unfriendly and I'd like to try somewhere a little more relaxed...  any recommendations would be greatfully received.

Thanks all!

Nilx

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 09:27:20 AM »
I used the Wella salon in Gunlukbasi last year Nil and it was fine.  Girls were lovely although they didn't speak great English.  Loads of books etc so by showing them pics and lots of hand movements we got there in the end.  My haircut was fab and my daughter was absolutely over the moon with hers. 20tl for a cut and blow dry.
There were three other English woman there at the same time all having different treatments. One lady was having her eyebrows done with the twisted threads - ouch!
Walking towards Fethyie it's down a little side street off the main Gunlukbasi road, you'll see the Wella sign from the main road no problem.
Anne
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 09:28:04 AM by Anne »

Offline Nil

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 10:57:10 AM »
Hi Anne,

Thanks so much, that's really helpful.  I paid quite a bit more for my haircut at Ece Saray last year (70tl) so I'll definitely check this place out when I come out next week.  I'm quite lucky as I can speak fluent Turkish so I won't be walking out with bright green hair (I hope not anyway!) ;-)

Nil

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 11:12:23 AM »
Hi Anne, Where is the Wella Salon?
My daughter get's her eyebrows done with the thread method in the U.K. It's very trendy at the moment, and, according to her, it does not hurt at all and is preferable to the waxing.
Jacqui.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 11:48:42 AM »
Apparaently Best Kuafor in Fethiye is very good. Go up the road almost opposite Gima towards the Fish Market and it's about 50 metres on your left. 3 or 4 people in there speak good English.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 15:58:53 PM »
anne, do you have to make an appointment or can you just walk in

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 16:44:48 PM »
Yonga at orange made an appointment for me.  I'm sure if you contact Cheryl she'll be happy to pass on the number for you.  I'm not sure if you can walk in or not, although I dare say if your prepared to wait it would be ok
Jacqui - it's down a side street off the main Gunlukbasi road, you can see the sign clearly from the main road.
Anne

Offline maria

• Alfreton, UK
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 11:36:00 AM »
I am sorry but having your eyebrows done with the thread is worse than childbirth!! Give me waxing anytime, that is bad enough but at least its Quicker

maria x

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 12:09:06 PM »
There was a lady having hers done when I was there, to say it looked painful is an understatement
Anne

Offline Nil

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2006, 14:20:50 PM »
I get my eyebrows threaded in the UK, I don't think it's anymore painful than waxing but the advantages with threading over waxing are that:
*You don't have hot wax put on your face, which tends to be more sensitive than other parts of your body and therefore the plucked skin recovers quicker.
*Threading is really precise and the beautician uses the thread as a way to measure and angle the eyebrows so that you end up with as symmetrical eyebrows as possible.  
*Threading picks up the shortest of hair which may not always happen with waxing.

Having said, I do get my eyebrows waxed as well but my preference is threading.  Go on ladies, give a go, you'll be pleasantly surprised.  If you can bea waxing, threading won't be painful at all.

Coming out to Fethiye tomorrow, I cannot wait as I've just checked the temperature out there and it's scorching fabulous!
Nilx

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf