Author Topic: eren spot s got the lot  (Read 12384 times)

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
eren spot s got the lot
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2004, 10:58:15 AM »
Bekir who runs the spot shop has asked me to clarify about his Guarantees, he has had people saying that you should buy from Migros or Gima etc because they honour the manufacturers guarantee. Bekir would like to point out that he deals directly with the manufactures and he offers the same guarantee as you would get elsewhere.

From a personal point of view, he not only does what he says but goes even further, we bought a safe last year, we buggered it up by putting one of the keys in the lock upside down, he swapped it and delivered a new one, we managed to break that one in he same way, he delivered a third with no questions asked and never an indication that we would need to pay more money.

Riims

Offline teresa321

eren spot s got the lot
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2004, 11:39:47 AM »
Bekir was great with our delivery, we were the ones messing him around really. Because our house was empty we didn't want to sit around all day waiting so he telephoned us when they were delivering so that we could get a cab to the house and meet them.

Teresa

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
eren spot s got the lot
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2004, 16:13:31 PM »
Can someone be so kind as to tell me what he sells other than furniture.
Every one seems so taken with Bekir and the shop I'd love to visit even although I've bought a furnished apartment.
Can I get odds and ends there? like cutlery, crockery, mirrors etc.
Anne

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member
eren spot s got the lot
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2004, 16:32:00 PM »
Anne

It's furniture, electrical, garden equipment and white goods at the spot shop, the shop next door sell all the cutlery and other things.

When you buy cuttlery, just notice how hard Knives are to find, I have no idea why this is, you will notice lots of spoons, forks and tea spoons, but not Knives ???

Offline teresa321

eren spot s got the lot
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2004, 16:58:29 PM »
Someone else mentioned this a long while ago so I took a cutlery set from home.

Teresa

Offline Sinbad

eren spot s got the lot
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2004, 17:17:05 PM »
So George, you are not going to break your safe again are you? Paint an arrow on the key to tell you which way to put it in or get a combination lock. But then that will need to go back if you forget the code... !!!

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member
eren spot s got the lot
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2004, 18:12:47 PM »
I am going to do better than that, the safe has two keys, one normal looking key and this other big double sided thing, this is the one that caused all the trouble! especially when you try and put it in upside down !!

I am going to put this key in the safe and then hacksaw the head off so we only need to use the small key. The problem is that I must remember to leave it in the open position before I take the hacksaw to it !

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
eren spot s got the lot
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2004, 18:19:02 PM »
Teresa
Did you have any problems taking the knives through customs?
Anne

Offline teresa321

eren spot s got the lot
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2004, 18:43:05 PM »
No problem Anne, I put the set in my suitcase so it went in the hold. They were only general cutlery I didn't take any steak knives or carving knives - saw those for sale in a few places.
I took a complete set of knives forks and spoons. Tui say on their web site nothing with a blade longer than 3", these were a bit longer but rounded at the end so I don't think they would have been a major issue as they were stashed away.

Teresa

Offline Babs

eren spot s got the lot
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2004, 18:19:36 PM »
I took a big carving knife and bread knife in early may and phoned security at M/cr aiport first, they said as long as it went in the hold there was no problem, and there wasn't.  this time I'm taking cutlery so hope same applies
Babs
and yes, I too am a member of the Bekir fan club

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf