Author Topic: HELP PLEASE!!! Re: Cream Dining Suite  (Read 7130 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
HELP PLEASE!!! Re: Cream Dining Suite
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2010, 18:51:04 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Steve A

My thought is that you would agree a price that you wanted beforehand,he could then sell it for whatever to take his commision ?

Sounds fair, if I want £100 and he sells it for £200 I'd be happy with my £100 as agreed. I wouldn't be so happy if he sold it for £100 and told me he sold it for £20 and gave me that. Especially if I found the new owners and they confirmed they paid £100. I have no idea who the shop is either by the way!

Offline scouser2

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2010, 19:04:11 PM »
I can tell you Scunner.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2010, 19:04:52 PM »
By email please, yes I'd like to know. I'll pass it to GB too.

Offline scouser2

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2010, 19:16:18 PM »
I have e-mailed you Keith.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2010, 19:41:18 PM »
Sounds fair, if I want £100 and he sells it for £200 I'd be happy with my £100 as agreed. I wouldn't be so happy if he sold it for £100 and told me he sold it for £20 and gave me that. Especially if I found the new owners and they confirmed they paid £100. I have no idea who the shop is either by the way!

Has it been proved thatthis is what has happened ?

Offline anitagrainger

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2010, 20:20:40 PM »
Goodevening, and thanks to everyone for the feedback.
I would just like to say that I am not convicting this company at the moment....... "Innocent until proven guilty" is my motto. I am just doing a bit of detective work, to find out if he actually is "scamming" me. It is just that he had a justifiably high price on this dining suite and I actually saw the price tag on it in the shop, and now he is offering me only 20 -30% of the price it sold for as opposed to 50%. He is saying that he sold it for alot less than the tagged price, but it is his word against mine. I thought that if I could find out how much was actually given for this suite, then I have some evidence. At the moment, I cannot do anything. I am being susupicious because I have since heard bad comments regarding similar business transactions, so I would like to try to catch him out with some proof.
If this can be done, and even on a regualar basis then he may start thinking about his dishonesty in order to gain an excellent repuation rather than a bad one. He would do more business by running a trustworthy and honest business.
There is one sneaky way that we could catch him out, and have a secret between us whereby we could contact the buyer to confirm the selling price.... for example, if we spread the word that we all tape a piece of tiny folded up paper with a phone number on it in a very discreet place of the item we are selling (i.e. underside of a chair or table)then we could find out the real selling price and have the evidence!!!!! It sounds crazy but it could work.
It would be no good even if we asked to see a signed receipt of the buyer, as he could make one up.
Also, good idea that a price is agreed beforehand... however, realistically, I know he would not agree to that, as these days to get a sale prices have to be dropped, and it would be a business risk to agree beforehand, such as auctions run in the same way, a price would NOT be agreed prior to a sale.
In response to Gorgeous Girl enquiring about who this company is..... I don't think it is fair to bluntly tell who it is but i can give you an idea by letting you know that this company also does trips to Ikea!
Enough said.... There are sooo many businesses in Fethiye/Turkey ripping people off, and they can get away with it... we need to put our Uk trading standards to practice ourselves and catch these people out and make them realise that "fair trading" is the best and only option.
LETS DO IT!!!!
Please keep your ears to the ground in the meantime to find out who purchased this dining suite and we can start the ball rolling.
Thanks to everybody. HI FIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2010, 21:06:42 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Steve A

Has it been proved thatthis is what has happened ?

No, I think that's the plan though.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2010, 00:35:14 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by scouser2

I can tell you Scunner.

Can you tell me as well please [?] or am I unripoffable [?]

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2010, 00:38:14 AM »
I have never ripped anyone off in my life Ken and if I was to start, I wouldn't start with you :D

Offline sunnyd

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2010, 07:15:56 AM »
One line in Anitas post gives it all away. The prices that he charges in the shop are ridiculous anyway. Never bought anything from there, never will.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf