Author Topic: Lotus Bilgisayar (Computers)  (Read 2376 times)

Offline Carolyn1957

Lotus Bilgisayar (Computers)
« on: June 11, 2011, 12:22:09 PM »
I'd like to recommend this shop and in particular it's owner Ahmet Ozay. My husband is a very keen photographer and has always used Canon cameras and printers. When we moved over a few weeks ago he had to leave his printer behind and I'd promised I'd buy him one when we got here. Easier said than done!

He has specific requirements - must be individual inks, have a preview screen, have a card reader and be a stand alone printer. We trawled the stationers around Ataturk Cd and the smaller shops in the streets behind and also went to the computer shops in Carsi Cd (including the "big one" that everyone seemed to rave about). Yok. We found older models and when we asked if they could get a specific updated one, no luck.

As a last resort we called in to ask Ahmet late last Saturday afternoon He couldn't find anything but said he would check for the model we wanted first thing Monday morning but did warn that it may have been updated. True to his word he emailed me on Monday to say that the model we wanted wasn't available. Did we want him to look for a specific other? I emailed him back with three updated model options to show what features we needed and when we popped in to see him on Tuesday he contacted his distributor who helped him track one down our first preference in Adana which, after a deposit, would be sent by cargo.

Lo and behold, I had an email yesterday to say the printer had arrived. Today we picked it up and from the cargo labels and details of sender, true enough it had come from Adana.

He is the only one we saw who offered to look for alternatives. His email updates were much appreciated and his English is excellent!

We were very, very impressed and he has made an old(ish) man very happy!

Offline simpsons

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 13:25:54 PM »
Its nice to hear, and restores your faith, that some shop owners will go out of their way to make sure you get what you want, instead of the usual "I have not got that, and I dont know where you can get one, so goodbye". Well done to Ahmet.

Offline Jim Fraser

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 14:54:08 PM »
give us a clue - where is it?

Offline Carolyn1957

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 16:00:06 PM »
It is in Carsi Cd Jim. On the same side as Caspar and a few shops further down if you are heading to Paspatur. Only a small place but I was very impressed with his helpfulness and attitude.

Offline Jim Fraser

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 18:02:11 PM »
Cheers for that Carolyn, always handy to know where the good ones are.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf