Author Topic: Shell garage car wash.  (Read 3949 times)

Offline scouser2

Shell garage car wash.
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 21:24:47 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tony jenkins

My wife is asking 'is he fit'

Why dont you send your wife in to find out? maybe she will feel as uncomfortable as my wife does.

Oh Yes and Gordon, if I was not disabled I would be able to kick him in the knackers.

I posted this to find out if this was happening to other people, and to warn some of the lady drivers.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 21:45:36 PM by scouser2 »

Offline Julesp

Shell garage car wash.
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 21:55:43 PM »
Ive never been to the carwash place so couldnt comment on him, but I know how your wife feels Ive had same problems a few times, mostly while waiting at the side of the road for a Dolmus, Turk man on scooter pulls up and pesters, its got so that I will only wait for a Dolmus outside a market or busy place while on my own. Used to get pestered a lot also when I lived in Deliktas while walking my dogs.

Its said that they only pester English or Brit women in this way, and I think the truth is that we are bought up not to make a fuss and are scared of screaming or complaining loudly, a Turk woman would yell the place down if a man approached her in this way.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 21:56:23 PM by Julesp »

Offline tony jenkins

Shell garage car wash.
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 22:07:46 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by scouser2

quote:

Why dont you send your wife in to find out? maybe she will feel as uncomfortable as my wife does.

Oh Yes and Gordon, if I was not disabled I would be able to kick him in the knackers.

I posted this to find out if this was happening to other people, and to warn some of the lady drivers.

Ok. if its serious you want.

1.   Yes. he does fancy your wife.

2.    As he is ok when you are with her, go with her.

3.   Go elsewhere.

Offline scouser2

Shell garage car wash.
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2011, 22:18:53 PM »
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by scouser2

quote:

Ok. if its serious you want.

1.   Yes. he does fancy your wife.

2.    As he is ok when you are with her, go with her.

3.   Go elsewhere.

I thought that sexual harrasment was serious!!
As I cannot guarantee that I am well enough to get out and about it would be impossible to go with her all the time.So We won't be using the shell station again anyway.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 22:25:09 PM by scouser2 »

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Shell garage car wash.
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2011, 22:20:08 PM »
tony - scouser2 will answer for himself, but I truly hope that I'm not alone in thinking that your post was totally unwarranted.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Shell garage car wash.
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2011, 22:22:31 PM »
Ok so we like to laugh a bit but let's see the serious side here too - it might well be that people reading this have experienced similar, and that would be helpful to them and Scouser2 to learn. It was taken quite seriously no so long back when it was at a hairdressers!!!

Offline tony jenkins

Shell garage car wash.
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2011, 22:33:06 PM »
quote:

I thought that sexual harrasment was serious!!
As I cannot guarantee that I am well enough to get out and about it would be impossible to go with her all the time.So We won't be using the shell station again anyway.

I am sorry Scouser2  :-\ Sexual harrasment was not mentioned in the original post.

Offline Julesp

Shell garage car wash.
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2011, 22:36:44 PM »
I personally wanted use the car wash again

Anyway when I had my car I used to take it to the carwash place just up the road from there Head up the road from Otogar to Tasyaka road its on the left before the traffic lights
I used to leave my car with them get Dolmus into town for an hour or two shopping then get Dolmus back
Car cleaned  inside and out Spotless for 10tl, I think it may be a little more now though
Also my partner uses the car valeter place near to the Toy shop on the Calis road just past Migros on the lefthand side They are also good but dont know how much he charges

Offline tony jenkins

Shell garage car wash.
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2011, 06:52:38 AM »
H, keep your neb out!

Offline cinders

Shell garage car wash.
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2011, 07:31:36 AM »
I think that some Turkish men can be over familiar,and it can be intimidating.  I have felt embarrassed (at first and did not revisit the shop/store etc.) but now if anyone is 'acting out of order' I give them a really COLD stare (no smile)and depending on how they react would not go/go there again. It is hard to complain if you do not have the language skills (Turkish) or anyone to complain to.  
Unfortunately, one female known to me has actually encouraged informal behaviour  to have her shopping price reduced!!!!  So perhaps some Turkish men feel ALL English women like to be followed and harassed !!!!
Hope your wife can find someway (without violence  :o) to feel in control of any situation  :) C

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf