Author Topic: Rip off jewellers  (Read 7522 times)

Offline littlereddevil

Re: Rip off jewellers
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2012, 16:29:18 PM »
No update on this? It would be good to know where to avoid

Offline screamlead

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2012, 18:21:48 PM »
Went into town today to have a look as outlaws out for 2 weeks and to be honest every shop we went in said price of gold has gone up 5 fold in recent times. One shop even knew sis in laws jewellry was bought here and another knew where my Mrs got one of her rings from too. But not many of them were in bartering mode like 6=7 years ago. Anyone any reccomendations??

Offline Marggie

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2012, 18:50:59 PM »
We have used Kilim in the Passpatur for the last 20 years.  It is in the narrow street near the Car Cemetery, if you approach from the promenade it is on the right hand side before the bars.

He has always seen the "bigger picture" - wants repeat business so never starts with silly prices and is not pushy.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2012, 19:27:49 PM »
Phil bought me a lovely ring from Zumrut in Calis Beach last week. Sedat did come down in price and did tell us if we did not get double the valuation (which I know we will) he would give us our money back.. No fear, I love it too much. My son bought his Fiancee her Wedding Ring also in Zumrut and one of her friends got a ring made to her exact specifications.  She comes from Malta and had asked there and told us they had quoted double what she paid Sedat.   
I am not saying you now get great bargains in Turkey anymore, but you do get lovely quality pieces and can design your own if you wish. 
We also asked for and got fully documented receipts stating exactly what we had bought.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2012, 07:45:25 AM »
That's a good point about the documentation Jacqui.

When we were over recently, as always, we got documentation from Infinity.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf