Author Topic: Hassle at small market  (Read 47544 times)

Offline Brandi

Hassle at small market
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2005, 18:47:30 PM »
Can you order two more t-shirts please - we were there, had the wine, turkish delight, lemon cologne, apple tea, massage, cashew nuts. Met one child (don't know whose or how many others there may be). If he has got 14 kids lets hope he's not training them up - Could the t-shirts have FAGAN written under the picture?

Offline alanw

Hassle at small market
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2005, 20:16:10 PM »
How about we turn the tables - a group of us could gather around him and sell him something really crap like a sky TV package, we could charge him the earth then walk away laughing about all the second rate american soaps and comedies he had just paid for!
(No ofence intended to our cousins across the pond - just getting the anger out of my system.
Of course as this would be a group thing all suggestions of a more suitable product to sell him are welcome.

Offline Jenny

Hassle at small market
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2005, 21:09:05 PM »
Well I must have succeeded in my challenge as I walked along this road and never came across this man! Maybe he was already inside annoying another customer but he didn't make himself known to me. Or maybe I was on the wrong road who knows!

Jenny.x.

Offline smudge

• Calis, TR
Hassle at small market
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2005, 21:22:00 PM »
He is only there for the summer season then moves on, he told us he was mexican along with all the other rubbish, when we got caught Mr Smudge had a little word in his ear and he now avoids us. The shopkeeper who owns the shop in question is a really nice person, have no idea why he lets this low life hang around.

Offline trowelslave

Hassle at small market
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2005, 00:02:50 AM »
Better late than never but only just joined..We met him in october,apple tea wasnt the best,massage was ok but the 60 YTL he wanted from us for the service wasnt!
His command of English seems excellent,he certaintly new what b******ks meant as we left,although we did let him keep the change after buying 20 fags!! Definitely a bloke to avoid for a stress free day

Offline julieA

Hassle at small market
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2005, 12:01:20 PM »
Yes we have met this guy. Tony and I have talked to him, on the road you called 'Textile Alley' and his manner and patter was exactly as you descrbed he comes over a lovely man. Tony was really tempted to stop as he only wanted to talk. I to was charmed by him, but we had no idea of the potential, of the situation, till now. I am grateful for the comments on his behaviour, because I plan on returning soon, to do more shopping, on my own. I`le avoid him like the plague.
Many Thanks
Julie and Tony

Offline Pi55y

Hassle at small market
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2005, 20:25:48 PM »
We have to admit that we got done by this guy a couple of years ago. We didn't like to speak about it at the time  as we felt really stupid to have been conned in such a way. Yes we had the massage and got offered the hand-made lace, the apple tea and the Turkish Delight by the lady of the shop - never saw the wine though. And yes he had fathered a multitude of children and had numerous offspring and grandchildren to support. Again he wanted 20 million. I think we gave him 10 and fled!

We actually saw him 3 weeks ago outside the mosque doing shoeshine - keep well clear!

Offline willow

Hassle at small market
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2005, 13:10:39 PM »
two tee shirts for us too, couple of years ago we had a massage from him we gave him 10 ytl and pushed our way out of the shop.

Offline jwood

• Nottingham, UK
Hassle at small market
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2005, 11:22:35 AM »
Last time he spoke to me I pretended I was French and he couldn't speak any !

Offline esra

Hassle at small market
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2005, 14:17:43 PM »
soryy to ask but
why no one goes to police about this???
He has no wright to do this. Also asking for money.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf