Author Topic: Air Con Occupancy Sensors  (Read 5907 times)

Offline DianaJ

Re: Air Con Occupancy Sensors
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2014, 18:41:44 PM »
We have had this problem again this year just got August bill 419lira couldn't believe it , one lot of guests must have just arrived and left aircon on for the full fortnight morning noon and night, onesin the following fortnight during that really hot spell used very little can't understand what they must have been doing

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2014, 20:06:54 PM »
We have the key fob thing. It is no use though if the the guests are lounging round the pool and leave the air con on all day in the villa.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2014, 20:12:46 PM »
Maybe you will have to start reading the meters. I know it's not practical if you aren't there but it's the only way really.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2014, 20:33:15 PM »
Our lad on Violet just trips the electric.  Fridges etc go back on but the aircon doesn't.  Every site should have an Ali  :)

Offline DianaJ

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2014, 21:02:24 PM »
I have the key fobs have even put a notice on fridge door that you can't miss to say about leaving air-con on , my prob too is think as ground flor apartment you can leave fob in and go out by front balcony door , really have had only one lot abusing it and they want to come back again next year, think will have to put price up or as said take extra for air-con usage as well .

Offline mac2010

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2014, 10:10:36 AM »
My friends rent their place and what they do is include a set amount of units in the rental fee then anything above is charged and taken from the deposit.They make the renters take a photo of the meter at the beginning and email them with it and the same at the end of the the rental.If the usage is over the agreed units the charge it to them.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2014, 14:40:32 PM »
That's sounds like a plan mac2010.

Offline Phil

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2014, 10:17:11 AM »
Thanks for comments everyone.

Sadly it is quite difficult to retro-fit key fob type systems and so this isn't really an option and I have always thought they could be bypassed by any one determined enough. (and it doesn't stop people using the air con while they actually outside using the pool ! )

The payment schemes all seem a bit unfriendly and don't really reflect the relationship we try to cultivate with the guests (we have some visitors coming back for the fourth and fifth time). The timers would drive me mad and so I have so far avoided the temptation to fit them.

So ..................... I have purchased one of the occupancy sensors and I will fit it in September ....... I'll let you know how I get on.

(PS : My English neighbours have just had a 2,000 TL (Yes - two thousand lira) bill which covered rentals for about ten weeks)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2014, 10:20:10 AM »
Phil - we have a timeshare in Portugal and pay for the electric we use. Meters read both ends of holiday.

Not really a problem or "unfriendly" if it's made clear on booking.

Offline Phil

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2014, 10:48:22 AM »
Stoop , I hear what you are saying. But to my mind the Time Share and Villa Rental two different things really.

Time Share actually implies that most things are shared (maintenance etc) but it is perfectly reasonable that you would only expect to pay for the electric you use yourself. I would.

We chose to offer the Villa Rental as everything included - linen, electric, cleaning, Welcome Pack etc. This seems to work for us. I know some people offer some of these as extras (eg Welcome Pack) and I suppose we could charge by the towel, but it just doesn't seem to be the right way to do it.

I know that if I was a renter, I would want to know before my holiday how much I was paying and I wouldn't want worry about any bills at the end.

Vive le difference !

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf