Author Topic: Heating inverter pump  (Read 5537 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Heating inverter pump
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2015, 23:00:41 PM »
I must mention that we had underfloor heating and while it is a most pleasant concept, we found the reality not so great. In winter the cold that comes from a great concrete lump embedded into the frozen earth called a foundation, lovingly adorned with a ceramic or marble layer is almost impossible to heat up. Uzumlu will be far more affected by this.

The point is, don't expect toasty warm marble floors - an ever so slightly not freezing floor will be about the best you can aim for - which I can't argue isn't nice, it is. But in terms of heating effect on your life per £1/1TL spent is probably the most inefficient way to lose a quid     ;)

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2015, 13:41:01 PM »
 Sam, our next door neighbour here in SUNNY Hampshire, is an Air-conditioning engineer, and fits the Daikin systems to which I referred, and paperwork shows that it  can extract latent heat from the outside air (even when the temperature outside is down to -20°C) and pump it inside to heat indoor spaces.   Just sayin' ,..innit ??

Offline Eric

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2015, 14:40:26 PM »
-20? There aint no latent heat at -20

Offline Eric

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2015, 14:46:36 PM »
I stand corrected.  Must have improved over the years;
"An air source heat pump designed specifically for very cold climates can extract useful heat from ambient air as cold as -20F or even -25F (-30C). Manufacturers include Mitsubishi and Fujitsu. One Mitsubishi model provides heat at -35C, but the Coefficient of performance (COP) drops to 0.9, indicating that resistance heating would be more efficient at that temperature"

" resistance heating" is basically an electric boiler.  So at low temperatures the heat pump acts as an electric boiler, as I said previously, which then becomes costly.

Offline sadler

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2015, 18:24:05 PM »
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz!   ;)

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2015, 21:26:10 PM »
I stand corrected.  Must have improved over the years;
"An air source heat pump designed specifically for very cold climates can extract useful heat from ambient air as cold as -20F or even -25F (-30C). Manufacturers include Mitsubishi and Fujitsu. One Mitsubishi model provides heat at -35C, but the Coefficient of performance (COP) drops to 0.9, indicating that resistance heating would be more efficient at that temperature"

" resistance heating" is basically an electric boiler.  So at low temperatures the heat pump acts as an electric boiler, as I said previously, which then becomes costly.

Isn't " Google " fantastic Eric , thanks for the prompt apology by the way !!

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2015, 21:03:37 PM »
We have the Air Source heating system, it's brilliant and clean heat at the press of a button.
No, it's not the cheapest heating source to run but we prefer it to the other options, ie; wood & oil, both of which we have tried. Underfloor heating! Forget it! We know others that have used it in the past, but no longer.  8)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 19:43:53 PM by Hamlet »

Offline Yoshi

• Newly Registered
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2015, 21:58:26 PM »
Hamlet is air source heating the same as an inverter ? If so do you have yours connected to radiators ?

Thanks

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2015, 22:27:51 PM »
Yoshi, briefly, it comprises of an exterior air-con type unit which is then connected to a boiler type unit which then pumps the heated water through the radiators. Various size units are available to fit your property.
They are advertised in the Land of Lights  8)

Offline Yoshi

• Newly Registered
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2015, 12:20:48 PM »
Thank you Hamlet

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf