Author Topic: Nicholas Homes- please please read...DEVASTATING.  (Read 20915 times)

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
Nicholas Homes- please please read...DEVASTATING.
« on: October 22, 2015, 12:30:15 PM »
My neighbour has asked me to help her publicise and highlight a devastating position she has found herself in, and is actually one of three that has come to light in the past 12 months on our complex.  We know for a fact that there is one more on the complex, and all owners are currently in the process of visiting the TAPU office in Fethiye next to the Migros.
The properties on our complex in Ovacik  were built by Nicholas Homes in 2004.  Most of us have owned the properties for the past 10 years with TAPUS in our names.   All would appear well and we have spent numerous holidays in the sunshine, in our lovely properties that we have sunk our life savings into.
The dream is now turning into a nightmare for some.  Within the last 12 months we have discovered that 3 of the properties have had loans raised against the properties, whilst (as Scunner pointed out  in my previous thread) the properties where in the hands of "power of attorney". All set up by Nicholas Homes.  these loans are not a few thousand, not even a few tens of thousands. The debts are HUGE. So much so, that for two of the owners, they have simply had to walk away, leaving behind their beautiful villas, only for them to be sold off at auction to some "lucky" buyer, who has picked up a bargain.
This is outrageous...and according to our neighbour who has received information from the bank and other sources this weekend, the debt runs into  millions.  We know for a fact that there is one more poor unsuspecting owner on our complex about to get a massive shock sometime soon......and god only knows how many more in the Ovacik, Hisaronu, Calis and Fethiye areas.
The reason for this post is to highlight this awful crime,  and advise ANYBODY THAT HAS HAD PROPERTY BUILT AND PURCHASED THROUGH NICHOLAS HOMES, TO IMMEDIATELY GET YOUR TAPU CHECKED FOR ANY LOANS REGISTERED AGAINST IT. It does not matter if your tapu is in your names, if it is the official red colour, and if it has the official stamp on it. IT COULD STILL HAVE BEEN USED TO SECURE A LOAN AND YOU MAY HAVE A PROPERTY WITH A MASSIVE DEBT ATTACHED TO IT, WHICH AT ANY POINT YOUR PROPERTY COULD BE GOING UP FOR AUCTION!!! Imagine turning up at your "home in the sunshine" only to find it has been sold and new owners sitting around your pool, sleeping in your beds and eating at your table. THIS IS FACT, AND IT IS ALL COMING TO LIGHT NOW!!!!
My neighbour has just spent 4 days in a whirlwind of upset in Ovacik and at banks and tapu office in Fethiye. She is now home trying to sort out a mortgage and has asked me to help her get this publicised.  We NEED TO KNOW OF ANYBODY ELSE that finds themselves in this position, as the more people that this comes to light with, the better chance of fighting and bringing this crime to light and to the courts.....so if anybody can help in any way, whatsoever, please contact me. If anybody else is in the same position, please contact me and I will pass your details onto my neighbour so that you can form a group.....PLEASE HELP US....(sorry for capitals but I need to make myself heard!!!) Thank you for reading, and I can only hope that EVERYBODY takes this post seriously. If you had seen my neighbour this weekend you would understand how upsetting and frustrating and devastating this is. Scunner,if you can help us in anyway, please can you advise, many thanks...

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Nicholas Homes- please please read...DEVASTATING.
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 13:15:28 PM »
The first thing the owners should do is (collectively) seek competent and experienced legal advice.  In this instance, Sule Beder would be my first stop as I believe she has had dealings with Nicholas Group owners before.

Unfortunately, it may be that damage limitation is the only course of action - if an owner accepted (albeit by POA) a Tapu with a debt, it appears from past cases involving builders/developers that the Turkish courts see no crime, or indeed liability.  Guilt and remorse are two emotions that many, who made millions of lira during the boom time, are bereft of.

JF

Offline patrice

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 13:16:29 PM »
Good Luck Sue and hopefully some Justice

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 13:18:33 PM »
Shared your post on my Facebook timeline Sue.

Happy for you but so sorry for those caught out by this scam...

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 13:22:28 PM »
Nichola thank you for your help...I will pass any info I get onto my neighbour. xxxx

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2015, 13:30:33 PM »
Copying the page address above onto Facebook and asking people to share it can be quite effective.

Also search for the news desks for each of the U.K. National newspapers - and send them the story- even if only one runs the story it will get awareness out there.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 13:42:20 PM »
Keith, is this expat section of the forum available to view by non members of CBF?

If not I can let people know they need to join to view and take part in the discussion.

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2015, 13:43:32 PM »
John thank you for your help and advice...x Ive passed it on to my friend..x

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2015, 13:44:05 PM »
thanks scunner...x

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2015, 13:45:37 PM »
Anyone can read it Nichola, there's no need to join to do so. There are currently 38 non-members reading this page.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf