Author Topic: buying and olive grove "zeytinlik" need advise  (Read 6528 times)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: buying and olive grove "zeytinlik" need advise
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2018, 08:53:10 AM »
The bit about renting a flat wasn't an analogy, it is reality - to the extent many owners have been heavily fined for not complying with the law.

There will be a solution to your problem, but you won't get it on an online forum.  You could do a lot worse than to go and have a chat with Cenk from Interturk, he wont bullshít you.

One caveat, don't try and bend the rules to get what you want.  Local folks do it all the time and most get away with it, foreigners don't.  A second caveat, do not enter into a business agreement with a local person unless...  actually, just don't do it.  There are more sharks in the vicinity of Fethiye bay than off the coast of Australia.

JF

Offline mskhasawneh

• Love Fethiye
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2018, 09:09:35 AM »
Thanks for the advise. Is buying a plot with olive trees lets say 5000 sqm. up in the hills of Seydikemer, I am asking is it a must that one should register a company??
I thought before going to an agent or solicitor to hear from others who might have done it before me.   

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2018, 09:24:39 AM »
As I said, speak to someone on the ground, like Cenk.  The rules and regulations applicable to foreigners buying village land have changed a few times over the years, last limitation I remember was that it had to be under thirty hectares and still there were many hoops to jump through. 

Another person who can advise is Şule Beder, an English speaking lawyer based in Fethiye. A quick Google will give her contact details.

JF

Offline wickwilly

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2018, 19:00:51 PM »
Hi Mskhasawneh.
Unless you have a big plot ıt would need to be a hobby. I have an acre plot with 50 trees on. Some small but the majority are big. This winter I picked around 800 Kilos of olives which equates to about 150 litres of oil. A bottle of oil sells for around 15 Lira. So for the years crop i will make a profit of 2250 Lira or 432 Pounds!!!. It pays a few bills. Luckily I am doing it for a hobby!!!. You need to be available both before and after blossom time in order to spray the trees to prevent olive blight. If you have young trees they need to be thoroughly watered, fortnightly . The large ones are ok though.. Then there is the picking. Oh what fun !!! Be prepared for back aches as you will be bending down a lot. Despite all the above I wouldn't change a thing. It feels very rewarding in a healthy way. Good luck if you do manage to get it sorted though.
WW

Offline mskhasawneh

• Love Fethiye
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2018, 20:23:18 PM »
Dear wickwilly

I am so happy to hear from you, it seems that we share same interest and passion for olive trees. But can I own a similar plot without having to register as a company??  Do I need to go through the hassle of presenting some project in two years? Please guide me through I love to learn from people with firsthand experience.   :)

Offline kevinartois

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2018, 20:39:45 PM »
why censor and delete with no reason

Offline mskhasawneh

• Love Fethiye
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2018, 21:08:28 PM »

I don't understand above message??

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2018, 23:47:00 PM »

What ?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2018, 08:58:18 AM »
He made the same post in several topics.

It's a little embarrassing when people can't find their own question and accuse us of removing it :D

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2018, 12:29:20 PM »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf