Author Topic: Paying Communal Bills - Help Please  (Read 1508 times)

Offline shandy

• Ashton-under-Lyne, UK
Paying Communal Bills - Help Please
« on: October 21, 2008, 21:11:28 PM »
We have an apartment in a block of 6, 3 occupied by permanent residents, we were the first to buy 3 years ago and have had no problems at all regarding the outside electricity/water, 2 of the residents have been there 12 months and now the problems have started and we are getting hassle whilst we are at home being told we owe money for one or the other leccy/water. It was disconnected at the end of August and cost us 200 lira each to be reconnected and pay the outstanding bill.  In September it was suggested that we set up a bank account so they can be paid via Direct Debit however they did not agree to this, I think this is the only way to make sure bills are paid and then no-one has to be mithered about it.  We've now been told that there is another bill outstanding for 275 lira, the pool was emptied 2 wks ago and theres only that and the outside lights which are hardly used so it seems a lot of money to me?

Can anyone give advice on what is the best option, how they pay communal bills and how to go about dealing with problem neighbours as its really starting to do my head in all these "demands" for money.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf