Author Topic: burglary  (Read 1757 times)

Offline steve the bike

burglary
« on: August 19, 2009, 23:04:53 PM »
Hi all on our small complex of 8 villas in the last three months five of them have been burgled.(one of then twice). We have had our villa for 5 years and this is the first time that we have been targeted.People say that it is not the locals which i do belive to be true. but then it must be people from outside the area.Who come here for easy money!!!(ps)they only target villas that have people staying.

Offline Foosey

burglary
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 23:09:03 PM »
Sorry to hear that Steve. I wonder if the burgalries will drop in occurence when the holiday season is over.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 23:11:00 PM by Foosey »

Offline Eric

burglary
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 23:18:30 PM »
Burglars tend to target places that are occupied by 'tourists' as they tend to have money, mobile phones and laptops within easy reach.  By tourists I mean infrequent visitors.  They watch the villas and target those previously mentioned as they tend to have their guard down.  Lesson is treat your holiday home as you would 'back home' - maximum vigilance and don't fall into holiday mode.

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
burglary
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 16:54:12 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Eric

don't fall into holiday mode.

That`s a bit hard to do when your on Holiday.  :D

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
burglary
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 17:45:48 PM »
Steve, it might be good information for you to post how the thieves got in so others on here can take the necessary action to avoid the same happening. I assume that each villa owner on your complex knew how the first break in occurred and then took steps to avoid the same thing happening to their property? After 5 break inn's in three months on such a small complex, your places must be like fort Knox?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf