Author Topic: Maintenance  (Read 3279 times)

Offline janmack

Maintenance
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2010, 19:47:36 PM »
We had the misfortune of using Oakwood...we would never recommend them to anyone.  They simply did not deliver the goods.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 05:28:56 AM by janmack »

Offline IanK

Maintenance
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2010, 13:11:11 PM »
This will be our 3rd year with Orange - they have always done everything we have asked of them so we would recommend them.

Ian

Offline kariaapartments

Maintenance
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2010, 19:33:13 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by janmack

We had the misfortune of using Oakwood...we would never recommend them to anyone.  They simply did not deliver the goods.

I am shocked! They have provided a first class service to our complex for the past 3-4 years. They have delivered on everything they promised. We have permenant residents on our complex who have never reported any deficiencies either?

Offline Andrew H

Maintenance
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2010, 20:41:24 PM »
Steve do you have contact for Oakwood?

Offline janmack

Maintenance
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2010, 05:11:21 AM »
Each to their own Kariaapartments.  As a permanent resident I saw what work they did (or didn't do!!) and the huge majority of other owners wouldn't have them back either...even if they offered a free service!  Glad they're doing the job for you, but as I said I wouldn't recommend them. Just my opinion. Thankfully we have moved on and now have a maintenance provider owners are happy with.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 05:33:16 AM by janmack »

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
Maintenance
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2010, 07:10:44 AM »
We aproached fethiye property services to look at a few roof leaks due to good comments on here.He seemed a nice guy,he arrived about one and a half hours early,luckily we were in.After inspecting the job he left supposedy to give me a quote the next day. After three or four days I rang him for the quote,he then arrived with a workman went on the roof again and started talking the job up to around 700 lira.But,he said if the probs were more extensive than he thought it may be more.As a result,I aproached a hotel owner friend.two men arrived the next day at 9am as promised,did the inspection and gave a positive quote of 250lira.They completed the job next day,a sunday I might add,brought all the materiels thay needed and finnished in about four hours.A close friend of mine had a similar situation,with a bigger roof job,the quote given was 2500lira.He had an alternative quote for a full roof strip and re cover and tile.The price 700lira.Draw your own conclusions.good luck.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Maintenance
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2010, 16:16:59 PM »
Maybe you should wait for a few big thunderstorms? Then see if it has stopped the leaks. If it does then it is money well spent. There are roof repairs and there are bodge repairs. How can the quote for a full roof strip, re cover and re tile be 700TL?

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
Maintenance
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2010, 07:37:26 AM »
The full roof strip was not mine!it was a friend.The tiles were re used,only the felt was replaced.Labour here is roughly 40lira per man per day.Two men for two days can do that.So how can 2500 lira be accounted for? We have had quite a lot of rain since mine was done and no leaks whatsoever.Having been involved in a couple of house builds of my own I can recognise bodge when i see it.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Maintenance
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2010, 09:07:01 AM »
Sorry John but you can understand me being a bit "cautious". We have one of the shed type roofs.The green ones unfortunately. It is going to need replacing before long along with the bitumen underneath. . We have been quoted a fortune because apparantly the wood is also rotten? I am very wary of having a bodge job done. We live in a block of nine apts and as we are in charge of getting quotes we need to get the best price. It is very difficult as you know to get trustworthy builders out here. No offence was meant.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Maintenance
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2010, 09:20:12 AM »
There are also wildly different qualities of "felt" from useless to professional and the price varies accordingly. I have seen some that is dry and breaking into pieces/dust after 2 years and other thicker and more flexible sheeting which is still the same after 4 years as it was the day it was installed and looking like it had many years service left.

This will probably explain how quotes can be different where labour costs are fairly constant. It may not be as mercury says, waiting to see what happens after a storm, it may be wait and see when it next needs doing. But then if people prefer the experience of their hotelier friend or fishmonger mate then you might expect that the job done may not be based on experience and product knowledge!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf