Author Topic: communial electric advice  (Read 2190 times)

Offline skipking

communial electric advice
« on: January 22, 2010, 09:18:06 AM »
Can anybody please advise? We have had email from our maintenance company who we are in the process of changing this season.
They are telling us that our communial electric bill needs to be in one of the apartnment owners names? They havent told us who's name its in at the moment we have all just paid whatever we were told it was each month. We may have been slightly silly on this part but just wondered how other complexes have managed this?
They have also said it is a new thing that the electric company have said we have to do.
Just concerned it is a big thing to ask somebody to have electric in their name c/o getting money off everybody.
Any advise would be much appreciated.

Offline janmack

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 11:48:15 AM »
That's a new one to us.  Our communal electric bill is in the name of the complex, our maintenance provider hasn't said anything about it having to be in an owners name.  Next time we see him, we'll ask and get back to you.

Offline micky mouse

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 13:49:17 PM »
This is an issue that i have been investigating on our site,according to my solicitor in fethiye she informs me that our electric should be in individual house names and paid direct to tedas and not to the site where as the costs are alot higher.She informs me that we could incour a heafty fine if this is not done,ive only had my place 7years and just found this out.This only applys if you are no longer a co-operative,but if you are a co-operative then the bill should go to your site management for them to pay,tread careful i would not want a bill sent to me.

Offline janmack

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 14:20:13 PM »
Each property owner on our complex receives their own individual bill.  
The communal bill is for shared electric ie perimeter wall light, communal pool expenses etc., so this is in the complex name.

Offline skipking

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 17:33:20 PM »
Thankyou for the replies if i have understood does this mean our communial electric for outside lights, pool etc can be put in our apartment complex name?
They are telling us it has to be in an individual apartment owners name? Which as you say is risky if you dont get the money off other owners?
We are also now wondering about the communial water.
I personally think it is a way of trying to scare us into staying with them and not somebody else.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 12:51:19 PM »
We were told that we had to put the communal electric bill in one of our (9) owners names. We pay it on direct debit. As we are collecting all of the maintenance money from all the owners and everyone pays we don't have a problem. The water bill is in one of the other owners name (mine).

Offline skipking

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 18:11:19 PM »
Thanks for the reply we are now hopefully sorting it in the next week or so, but we have now hit another problem it seems our apartment water meter and our upstairs neighbours water meter are registeder the wrong way round, so for the last 5 years we have been paying each others water bills.
We havent got a problem with this but wondered how we go about changing the meters to the correct names.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Offline grahamturner09

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 19:50:59 PM »
The number for the water meter is usually next to it you could take that number to the water office and try to get it changed. would be a good idea to take someone Turkish to help you.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf