Author Topic: Access Denied  (Read 2970 times)

Offline Talk Turkey

Access Denied
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2011, 20:43:17 PM »
Pretty sure we will have to seek legal advise next time we're out/Just had confirmation our entrance has been 'bricked up' with the new wall.

Offline hubblebubble

Access Denied
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2011, 13:15:48 PM »
generally legal process takes several years in Turkey - I do know of english owners with access problems that have found the zabita to be both helpful and quick in sorting things.
Additionally I believe there are height restrictions on boundary walls, there certainly are in our area.
I guess it depends if you think the new builder is pulling a fast one.

Offline Talk Turkey

Access Denied
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2011, 18:01:54 PM »
Hi hubblebubble. Yes your absolutely right. Hopefully we'll be able to enter into discussions with the builder once we get out there and identify who he is, whilst at the same time talking with the Zabita. TT  8)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Access Denied
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2011, 19:22:01 PM »
Do you have a maintenance contract with anyone?  As usually they keep an eye on what is going on with your property.

Offline Talk Turkey

Access Denied
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2011, 20:40:08 PM »
Hi Jacqui. We have plenty of people keeping an eye on the property - hence the reason we know our walls have been built upon and our gates bricked across. Back in October last year, one of the owners of the company from whom we brought the property, agreed to carry out the work required at no cost to us. Six months later the work still hasn't been completed and that same person refuses to pick up our calls on his mobile! (We severed our ties with this particular company due to fact that despite paying for the service they weren't paying our bills!)

The primary reason for posting this on the CBF was to try and determine what (if any) Turkish laws exist that protect the right of access of an owner to their property. Common sense dictates any owner must be allowed access to their property and not have it blocked off. We'll await developments and I'll keep you posted. TT  8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf