Author Topic: Air Con Cost Control  (Read 3052 times)

Offline Waynesworld11

Air Con Cost Control
« on: July 27, 2011, 22:57:29 PM »
Having just bought in Calis, i  was wondering what is the best way of controlling the cost of the Air Con, when renting the property.Im aware of "The Timers" and also Fobs, has anyone any feedback on these and possibly other cost control measures ( apart from the obvious ones,) thanks  Glenn

Offline grahamturner09

Air Con Cost Control
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 23:09:43 PM »

Offline hillside

Air Con Cost Control
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 09:14:07 AM »
These look a brilliant idea, but I presume the aircon would go off at night if there's no movement in the room?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Air Con Cost Control
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 17:49:23 PM »
We found that the best thing was to put the aircon on in a room with the windows and doors closed, and then after the temperature has been brought down, switch off the aircon and just have a fan running to circulate the cool air.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Air Con Cost Control
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 17:51:35 PM »
I do the same Alan, works a treat and saves a lot of money on electric.

Offline slartibartfast

Air Con Cost Control
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 07:57:17 AM »
We have a key fob system but the house wiring has to allow this (so the fridge and freezer stays on when the air con goes off)   should be simple ...but this is Turkey.

I also have timers which don't seem to cause people a problem.

I fitted ceiling fans this year (remote control and bought in the UK for £25 each )  which people love and are much better than the air con fans.  We ask people to be "green" when renting and use these as much as possible as they are more healthy especially at night.

The movement sensor remote controls sound good but I decided of they did give problems it would be difficult to get the management company to deal with that.

Another way is to allow great a certain amount of electricity before charging extra but you need someone go read your meter and then hassle if you do charge extra.

I was in a hotel in Side the other week. They had their air cons wired so the stopped when the patio sliding door was open. Neat idea and could be extended to all doors and window using burglar alarm type contact sensors.

What I really want is a way of locking the air cons on a sensible temperature so people don't set them to the lowest temp possible then ask for blankets because the room is too cold !

Offline slartibartfast

Air Con Cost Control
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 08:05:32 AM »
PS I have seen other movement sensor units which detect darkness and stay on longer at night.      The potential problems I see with this type of solution is batteries,  or you can simply turn them off,  and the night time  time type you cabn cover the sensor to make it stay on.       All solutions have their pros and cons.

Offline Fran

Air Con Cost Control
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 15:28:02 PM »
You can buy spare remote controls and have then programmed so that they do not go below a certain temperature. An owner on our complex has them set at 24 degrees (i think). He also has the original remotes for when he is in residence. Not sure where he got them from but I can find out if anyone is interested.

Offline slartibartfast

Air Con Cost Control
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 19:51:11 PM »
thanks Fran that would be interesting

Offline Fran

Air Con Cost Control
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2011, 15:42:59 PM »
Ok, the price of the remotes depends on how many you buy. The owner on our complex bought 3, and they cost about £30 each, this was 3 years ago. They were obtained by his lettings company which is Joy Lettings. His contact is Mutlu Tuncel.
Hope this helps.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf