Author Topic: Cockroaches  (Read 5867 times)

Offline fethiyeflo

Cockroaches
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2011, 21:22:33 PM »
i got a bug man come out and he sprayed the whole apartment because i hate creepy crawlies and i havent seen anything since,it cost me 50 lira i will try and find the number

Offline Lotty

Cockroaches
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2011, 13:31:04 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by julesbob0303

Thanks for all your comments.  Will definitely try ALL of the above!  I also hate them with a passion.  

I have always associated cockroaches with dirty smelly places (they always show them on the TV when filming dirty hotels etc).  Our apartment is always kept clean (except when our 16 year old is with us - and the mess is usually contained in her bedroom!   :o )

Hopefully we wont have any more - though I wont be happy until our next visit confirms this!   :)

I absolutely agree! they make me shudder eugh! They are definitely not due to dirty apartments or even food. We used to go to the Canary
Isles a lot and they were always there in the spotlessly clean empty apartment when we arrived. (always worse to deal with when you arrive tired during the night!) We used to use a spray called Baygon there. The funny thing is when we moved in they seemed to leave. We haven't seen any in Turkey . . .yet!

Offline littlereddevil

Cockroaches
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2011, 14:59:35 PM »
Oh touch wood I never have to experience that. I would have to sell up and go, I just couldn't stay in my apartment if I saw that.
Good luck on getting rid.

Offline julesbob0303

Cockroaches
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2011, 16:02:25 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by kizkucuk

That's the answer then - if they are only coming in when you are not there - you need to move here permanently - it makes sense and cheaper than bringing 20kgs of bug spray with you when you come out  :-)

Yep, totally agree - would be much easier and it's SOOOOOO tempting!  :D

Fethiyeflo - would really appreciate the number, thanks very much.   :)

Thanks to everyone for your replies and suggestions.  I shudder every time I think of them, and wont feel happy till our next visit when I can check if we've managed to eliminate the problem.   :o
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 16:03:46 PM by julesbob0303 »

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Cockroaches
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2011, 20:18:32 PM »
Boric acid is what you need, & that can be bought locally. My friends bought a boat a couple of years back that was crawling, as the previous owners had left opened packets of food in the cupboards. After a couple of doses of boric acid, all around the entire boat, they've never seen another cockroach on board
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 20:19:04 PM by Liz 101 »

Offline farmer

Cockroaches
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2011, 11:20:28 AM »
After a particularly nasty cockroach invasion ( well, I don't suppose there could be a nice one :D) a few years ago I had my house sprayed. I now have it sprayed every year, usually in late April. Critter problems have disappeared.
As a result of  this success, half a dozen house owners on my complex, and a fair number of non resident friends have their properties sprayed at this time.
The result is cockroach free premises.
The only exceptions occur when the houses / apartments have been occupied for holidays etc and then closed up until later in the season,then used again. Sometimes there is a minor but nevertheless irritating ingress of the dreaded cockroaches. It seems the little blighters know peoples holiday plans! Indeed the houses which are permanently occupied remain clear of infestation all the year round..

Oh, and by the way, the gentleman who does the spraying ( head barman and occasional belly dancer at a well known Calis Bar / Restaurant ) only charges 25 TL, which for my place of ten rooms plus loft spaces, stairs and landings is I reckon a real bargain.

Offline fethiyeflo

Cockroaches
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2011, 11:36:01 AM »
julesbob sorryi gave the card to my neighbour when i get it back i will pm you

Offline julesbob0303

Cockroaches
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2011, 17:08:34 PM »
Thanks fethiyeflo   :)

Farmer, please could you message me with the number, name etc of the person who does the spraying.  Maybe I could contact him, or go to speak to him when we return end of October.  Thanks.   :)

My main concern about this topic is that no-one else seems to be having the huge problem we have with cockroaches!  I thought lots of other people would come forward and say "oh yeah, we have the same problem, and we do so-and-so!"   :o :o :o

Offline farmer

Cockroaches
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2011, 16:19:37 PM »
Have PM'd you. If not received soon I will post ( with his permission ) his name on this forum.

Offline julesbob0303

Cockroaches
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2011, 23:32:32 PM »
Hi Farmer, yes, I've had your message.  Thanks very much.  Will speak to him in October if we still have the problem (fingers crossed we don't!   :o )

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf