Author Topic: 3 Mobile Broadband  (Read 3886 times)

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
3 Mobile Broadband
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 12:05:11 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by ribeye100

Just a quick update.

Visited Turkcell in Fethiye, registered the dongle, bought a sim card and now have 4gb download avaiable for 19 lira. what a bargain. :D

Hope this helps,

Hi - I have a 3 payg dongle that I used for a month last year.
We are over for a full year in January and I thought I would be using wi-fi or numerous trips to internet cafes'

Are you saying that I can get this unlocked via the internet in the UK

Then buy a Turkish sim (how much is that?) and then get 4gb for 19 lira (I expect that the 4gb has to be used within a month?)

That sounds a really useful option!!!
 :)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
3 Mobile Broadband
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011, 12:25:46 PM »
Now let me see if I understand this:

If I buy a dongle that works with a Turkish sim card (3g) then if I buy one of these I can get wifi in my property (assuming a 3g connection is available) for 19ytl for 4gb per month? If so it looks a goer to me:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-TMOBILE-HUAWEI-D100-T-WiFI-ROUTER-4-3G-USB-Dongle-/290591591147?pt=UK_Computing_Networking_SM&hash=item43a89bcaeb#ht_3092wt_1139

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
3 Mobile Broadband
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2011, 14:50:54 PM »
I don't hang about - unlocked and tested (for £3.82) my payg 3 dongle in readiness  :) However I do think the 19 tl for 4gb sounds understated unless it is a contract?

Has anyone else had this sim only 4GB for 19 tl ?

What is the best deal for 1 gb pay as you go sim ?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 20:34:24 PM by Ian »

Offline jackstee

3 Mobile Broadband
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2011, 19:55:37 PM »
39 tl for a top of my 4G dongle so no use for TV or movies ( Turkcell Vinn)

Offline tonysue

3 Mobile Broadband
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2011, 18:04:41 PM »
I also bought an unlocked dongle off the internet months ago in readiness. It is a vodafone dongle but it is unlocked and without a sim. I took it to the turkcell shop to have it registered and buy a sim card 6 weeks ago and they said yok- take it to vodafone. Vodafone wanted 70 odd lira to provide a sim and 7 lira to register plus 39 lira for 4 wotsits for the month. needless to say I didnt bother as having not used the dongle i didnt want to pay in excess of 100 lira for something that may not work. Could it be they have misunderstood me in the turkcell shop or do I have the wrong dongle as it is not a Mi-Fi. ( just googled Mi-fi as I havent a clue) :-\
UPDATE. been back to turkcell shop today with my unlocked english dongle. Registered and new turkcell sim 29 lira.Plus 29 lira for 1GB or 39 lira for 4GB download allowance for month. Still no wiser as to why they said no 6 weeks ago though.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 19:19:25 PM by tonysue »

Offline ribeye100

3 Mobile Broadband
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2011, 08:11:23 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by stoop

Now let me see if I understand this:

If I buy a dongle that works with a Turkish sim card (3g) then if I buy one of these I can get wifi in my property (assuming a 3g connection is available) for 19ytl for 4gb per month? If so it looks a goer to me:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-TMOBILE-HUAWEI-D100-T-WiFI-ROUTER-4-3G-USB-Dongle-/290591591147?pt=UK_Computing_Networking_SM&hash=item43a89bcaeb#ht_3092wt_1139

stoop, you understand correct, I also used UK tv access with the dongle and it gave me faultless tv streaming. I can only speak for myself but am well impressed.   8)

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
3 Mobile Broadband
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2011, 08:17:59 AM »
Ribeye - many thanks - that is really good feedback - but are you sure the 4 gb is 19 tl - everyone I speak to says it is 39 tl

Does the UKTV eat up the 4 gb very quickly?

They reckon it is 10 hrs of browsing per 1 gb but I thought streaming used more - does anyone know roughly what you would get??

Offline ribeye100

3 Mobile Broadband
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2011, 08:18:00 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by tonysue

I also bought an unlocked dongle off the internet months ago in readiness. It is a vodafone dongle but it is unlocked and without a sim. I took it to the turkcell shop to have it registered and buy a sim card 6 weeks ago and they said yok- take it to vodafone. Vodafone wanted 70 odd lira to provide a sim and 7 lira to register plus 39 lira for 4 wotsits for the month. needless to say I didnt bother as having not used the dongle i didnt want to pay in excess of 100 lira for something that may not work. Could it be they have misunderstood me in the turkcell shop or do I have the wrong dongle as it is not a Mi-Fi. ( just googled Mi-fi as I havent a clue) :-\

I can only say about the MIFI dongle from 3 & purchased in the uk, its not realy a dongle more a stand alone wireless router.
hope this helps

Offline ribeye100

3 Mobile Broadband
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2011, 08:24:14 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Ribeye - many thanks - that is really good feedback - but are you sure the 4 gb is 19 tl - everyone I speak to says it is 39 tl

Does the UKTV eat up the 4 gb very quickly?

They reckon it is 10 hrs of browsing per 1 gb but I thought streaming used more - does anyone know roughly what you would get??

Ian, yes I paid this for the 4gb just last week at the Turkcell shop just a few yards up from the HSBC on the same side, I think there is a acooter shop next door. there was however the purchase of the sim that I think was 39 tl but this is a one off payment and after then just pay for the top up of gb.

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
3 Mobile Broadband
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2011, 08:47:44 AM »
Ribeye - many thanks

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf