Author Topic: Carpenter Recommendation  (Read 1617 times)

Offline Jenny Daly

Carpenter Recommendation
« on: October 04, 2011, 19:43:35 PM »
We need recommendation of a good Turkish carpenter - have any of you had good cupboards, wardrobes, etc... made to measure? please can you advise name and contact details.  We will next be over in November and would like some measuring up etc to be done then with quotes.  Thanks await eagerly

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Carpenter Recommendation
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 20:22:32 PM »
Contact Engin at Fethiye Property Services. Use the search facility and you'll find that loads of members have had work done by his company and they're very happy.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Carpenter Recommendation
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 21:15:37 PM »
Can second what KKOB says. Engin brought a carpenter to our place and the guy did a fantastic job.
He measured up and did the most perfect work we have seen.   We could not believe how smooth the wood was, it was like rubbing your hand along a piece of glass.
I have dealt with a lot of wooden items in my job and also restored a few pieces myself in the past, so I know what I am talking about.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Carpenter Recommendation
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 21:19:49 PM »
I had a great job done by Bayram 0535 239 2334. It was actually one of his many brothers that did the work, but contact via Bayram

Offline WendyA

Carpenter Recommendation
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 20:25:25 PM »
Engin is using his carpenter to build me some bedroom furniture, but I have not seen his work yet.  I want quite alot of work doing, but he is talking about using mdf.  Pure wood is costing twice as much - very expensive for the amount I want doing!  Anyone any experience of mdf, or is the work you mention all actual wood, Jacqui?  Don't want to be cheapskate and regret it, but we've spent an awful lot buying a villa and furnishing the rest of it and, if the mdf looks good will go with that!!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Carpenter Recommendation
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 21:43:40 PM »
Wendy, We had two stair gates fitted, as our stairs are in a spiral shape, the top finishing and there being a space between the wall and stairs, the carpenter had to build a wooden extension to the wall and then attach it to the gate.  The one at the bottom was quite wide but not as awkward in shape. However, he made a really good job and did use wood.  It cost about £200.00 which we thought was so well worth it as the gates look like part of the furnishings.
I am sure MDF would be O.K. for Wardrobes, but it's your call, get some prices for wooden and MDF
We are also getting wardrobes fitted for our next visit. :)
If you would like to see the stair gates, just ask Engin to take some photographs and show them to you ;)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 08:33:34 AM by Jacqui Harvey »

Offline Michelle1

Carpenter Recommendation
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2011, 06:15:35 AM »
Hi, I would thoroughly recommend Serdar Koca, from Living in Fethiye, he has a carpenter workshop in Fethiye and we had every piece of furniture made by him, including wardrobes, Superking bed, cot, bedside cabinets, chests of drawers, dining table, coffee table, chairs, kitchen units, bathroom cabinets, bookshelves, internal doors and external front door, plus a beautiful wooden veranda.  All items made to measure and stunningly finished in Cedar.  Contact number for Serdar is 05326919963 and speaks good English.  I can send photos to an email address if needed, just PM me.  Michelle

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf