Author Topic: All Aspects - Have they gone?  (Read 4724 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
All Aspects - Have they gone?
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2012, 22:02:43 PM »
Not dismissive at all actually - it is a very surprising thing to do in the web World, to change from an established website address to a completely different one and leave the old one without at least a link/redirection to the new one. It gave me (and will I promise give others) the impression that they have gone completely.

I do not believe the forum is anything like "ex-pats at their worst", there are places in the "real World" to see that, every single day. There are also "similar" websites that have come and some have also gone that have/had around 0.1% of our traffic but about 20x more rumour and attacks than we could ever muster  :) No, this is a website that helps, supports, advises and amuses - I find it strange how people who never joined CBF have the belief that they know exactly what it is like, and furthermore it amuses me that none of them have any time for it but are on it in minutes when someone says something that they disagree with!!!

For the record, once I had been (kindly) informed that the old website for AA is gone, and pointed towards the new one, I found them to be very helpful indeed. Weren't expecting that were you, "tigger"! :P

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2012, 23:50:31 PM »
Don't you just love it when they come out of the woodwork:D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2012, 00:00:51 AM »
Anne you would not believe the number of people over the years who "never read that crap" but know exactly what is being talked about on it :D

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2012, 06:29:53 AM »
Tigger and Cobra both new members both choosing the AA subject to comment on, neither very flattering abut the members of the forum but very positive about AA -coincidence?

Offline lynne

• Birmingham, UK
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2012, 07:00:18 AM »
Just my thoughts which I felt I should put down.  We were with All Aspects many years following a recommendation from another owner on our site.  We were always very happy with them.  When the new owners took over, I decided to see how it all went.  I can truly say the new owners are absolutely lovely.  We have just come back from our honeymoon.  The day of our arrival, we switched on our water to see it all gushing down from the roof.  One quick call to All Aspects and the solar man was on site within the hour.

They are great guys and haven't let us down at all.  I do hope that people will give them a chance.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2012, 07:54:19 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Gorgeous_bird

Tigger and Cobra both new members both choosing the AA subject to comment on, neither very flattering abut the members of the forum but very positive about AA -coincidence?

And both posting from the same computer!!! How sad. We haven't had one of these in a while.

Offline mac2010

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2012, 08:16:23 AM »
Cobra .a.k.a. Peter  Tigger .a.k.a.Tony. Strange thats the same names as the owners of All Aspects.I find it very disapointing that to defend or to stop rumours about this company imaginary people post on here pretending to be customers or just in the the shop.?IF I am completly wrong I apologise to tigger and cobra.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2012, 08:22:59 AM »
You are almost certainly correct. Pretending to be one of your own satisfied customers (or in this case two of your satisfied customers!) is pretty pathetic but speaks volumes. The AA opinion of CBF is interesting though - a company that today exists entirely through a core customer base that came indirectly to them via CBF in their early days before being taken over.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2012, 08:55:23 AM »
Oh dear. Will people ever learn that pretending to be a happy customer actually discredits their business? They have done more harm in those few posts than they could possibly realise. 9000+ members will now be able to see this.

Whilst I totally agree that the rumour mill can be very wrong and damaging to businesses a simple message as themselves would have been far better.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 08:56:17 AM by stoop »

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2012, 08:58:20 AM »
... And maybe cloudbase should consider removing his post as it seems they are still around.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf