Author Topic: Ant problem  (Read 4928 times)

Offline hotlips

• Stupid is as stupid does
Ant problem
« on: June 06, 2012, 07:06:46 AM »
I have an ant problem and wonder what other members have found was the most effective way of getting rid of them before I buy more products.  :-\

Offline screamlead

Re: Ant problem
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 07:57:04 AM »
Pour boiling water on the nest if you can find it, or Boric acid sprinkle in line of ant run that kills them but dont use if any animals around its bad for cats n dogs. I have also heard that some types of flour do the job too as they cant digest it or something.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 08:25:46 AM »
You can buy ant powder for garden or for house ants at the little garden shop on outside of the fish market...

Offline Libra

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 08:52:43 AM »
What is an ant problem ? What problem do they cause ?

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 11:30:54 AM »
I had a problem with ants in the kitchen a couple of years back, as some friends had left sugar in an open bowl when they went back to the UK. I bought a couple of ant "houses" from (probably) Migros & put it on the worktop, on the ants route. After a day or so all were gone & no problems since

Offline hotlips

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 14:43:07 PM »
My dishwasher is full of them and they are all over my worktops, running over the floor into the bin, in the cat food on the floor - shall I go on? Now that is a problem in my book!

Offline hotlips

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 14:47:13 PM »
Thanks for the sensible replies  : :)

I have tried the ant 'houses' before will no joy, but will give it a go again, also the ant powder - many thanks.

Have tried to find the source - that is proving difficult - they are the small ants and I have no idea where they are coming from. Hopefuly I will no be able to get rid of the blighters now!

Offline Libra

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 15:10:04 PM »
My dishwasher is full of them and they are all over my worktops, running over the floor into the bin, in the cat food on the floor - shall I go on? Now that is a problem in my book!

Sorry , I did not think they were in the house. Putting black pepper or pieces of lemon on their routs was an old advice of my grandmother.

Offline hotlips

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 15:13:26 PM »

Sorry , I did not think they were in the house. Putting black pepper or pieces of lemon on their routs was an old advice of my grandmother.

Ahh! Now I understand - thought you were an ant lover and didn't mind them crawling everywhere!!!!

I will try anything even putting pepper on their routes - if it worked for your grandmother...........

Offline DANKY

• Never red
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 18:32:44 PM »
I always take Nipon out with me the ants take this back to the nest and it kills the queen by far the most effective way to cure your ant problem

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf