Author Topic: Bogus Collectors  (Read 1574 times)

Offline janie

« on: August 12, 2012, 07:04:06 AM »
I wasn't sure where to post this or if anyone has already posted, but having seen this on facebook thought it needs mentioning here.

In Hisaronu, Calis and Uzumlu over the last couple of days there have been reports of people knocking at doors and collecting money for 'Children of Soldiers'.  The Jandarma in Oludeniz say this is bogus and people should call 156 or their local Jandarma if they see these people.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Bogus Collectors
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 09:38:44 AM »
I was out last night buying our dinner and came home to find that a couple of blokes had knocked on the door selling books for the university ( allegedly ) Chris of course didn't buy any as they are all in Turkish. She did however give them 5 lira for a two foot square picture of Ataturk which has a 2012 calendar printed on it.

You have probably spotted the flaw in her purchase !

Offline tonysue

Re: Bogus Collectors
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 12:14:16 PM »
There was a few different people round our complex in june. One selling pens to fund his uni studies and another selling tickets for orphaned children. We succumbed to both but are a little wiser now.

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 16:44:18 PM »
I noticed the problem with the calendar immediately, the bloody thing has been printed on it's side!!  :o If we ever get "Bogus Collectors" calling, I just tell them that; "we are fresh out of Bogusses today, sorry", and shut the door.    ;)

Offline Eric

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 18:09:48 PM »
From Uzumlu community watch
We have received feedback from the Jandarma confirming that the 'collectors' in the village yesterday were in fact legitimate and authorised by the Jandarma to collect funds for wounded Turkish soldiers and their families.

A member of the UCW who also went to the Jandarma to report this has had the same information given to him.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf