Author Topic: Bicycle shops  (Read 3622 times)

Offline slartibartfast

Bicycle shops
« on: September 22, 2012, 16:30:55 PM »
Any suggestions on shop which sells reasonable adult bikes ?

I see Migros have bikes and I have had a look in the cycle shop in the main road opposite the big Migros. 

I am not looking for anything too expenses, just the best I can get for lowish price.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Bicycle shops
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 16:40:39 PM »
There are two bicycle shops on Baris Manco but can't help you with the prices.

Offline grizabella

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 19:17:43 PM »
I recently went to the shop in Barış Manço,the one at the pork shop.I traded in my 5 year bike that had served me well over the years,for a brand new bike.Got a new comfy saddle fitted,front basket and standing bar all for 170tl.Was really chuffed at the price.The bike also has front and rear mudguards.Essential for the winter months.Stops your backside from getting wet or coverec in mud when cycling in the rain.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 07:24:03 AM »
Thanks folks ... but what and where is "Barış Manço" !

Apologies if it's a well known place in Calis.  If it is , our place is up the hill so we need a bit of a clue  :D

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 07:58:04 AM »
I think I found it on Google Maps.  Ta

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 09:58:06 AM »
If you know where the Bombay corner is where the dolphin roundabout used to be Baris manco is the road going away from the sea, the bike shop is on the left next door to the pork shop just before Aydin pide. or coming the other way go through Gunlukbasi turn left at the Citroen garage and the bike shop is on the right, there is Ali,s shop first but we also use the one 100m past there just over the roundabout, excellent service and good prices.
Mark

Offline hotlips

• Stupid is as stupid does
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 07:32:34 AM »
There are a couple of decent bike shops now in Fethiye. Both on the main calis to fethiye road, One lykia2  and the other opposite Zakuum. Personally I don't  rate the quality of many of the bikes in other shops.

These 2 have good brands like Scot and Cannondale etc and are able to fit you with a bike with the correct size frame etc. I guess it depends on how much cycling you do and how long you want the bike to last, as if you do it's worth investing in a decent make.

Offline lordwizlon

• Country Life
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 06:52:34 AM »
Likya 2 Teker has good quality bikes, although top end of market. The manager is knowledgable and helpful. He also arranges rides most Sundays that you could join in if you wished.
Have bought here. Quality and service excellent, if a little pricey. The 'Geotech' labelled bikes are generally good quality and affordable.
There is also a new one just around the corner, which sells decent stuff. The owner is approachable, although I haven't bought anything there, so can't vouch for it.
As hotlips said, if you just want it to 'hop to the shop', then a supermarket bike will probably suffice. Cheap and cheerful, if rather heavy.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, 07:59:44 AM »
My neighbours who have been riding bikes in Calis for years always have about four or five bikes.  In June this year they decided to buy some new ones for guests who were arriving.  They had always used the shop in Baris Manco and got a price from him for four bikes.
We took them up to Kipa for some shopping and they saw the bikes there. As they were much cheaper than the ones in the Calis Shop  they bought them..   So problem was the bikes have to be taken to a place on the Antalya Road to be "Serviced", but, you have to pick them up from there.  So they decided to forego the service and have them delivered to their place in Calis.  The bikes where delivered, but after the deliver two had bent back wheels. Kipa would do nothing as they said they should have been serviced.  Anyway, another friend took the wheels and had them straightened.  Our friends have been happy with the bikes since then, with no problems.  In fact, they did kindly lend a couple to my son and his wife so they could visit friends at Calis Hotels.   So worth a look at the ones in Kipa, but check out the wheels carefully.

Offline philrose

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2012, 08:24:43 AM »
If you want an inexpensive bike then any of the supermarkets will have a range of cheap chineese\tiwanese bikes. However as Jacquie points out if there are any problems with them then the supermarkets do'nt want to know. Additionaly the build quality of these bikes are poor and they are quite heavy so unsuitable for any high milage riding. So if you are planning to use a bike for any sort of serious riding I would recommend one of the bike shops and spending a little more, that way you will get a bike that's the right size for you and also an after sales service, should you have any problems.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf