Author Topic: Central Heating  (Read 4359 times)

Offline joan

Central Heating
« on: December 20, 2012, 14:02:17 PM »
Can anyone recommend some form of central heating and how efficient is it.  I did see a leaflet about some but cant remember the name of the company or where it was. Many thanks.

Offline Libra

Re: Central Heating
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 14:08:27 PM »
Oil heating is expensive , that's what I know from my own experience. We use effective air conditioners and well known brand infra red heaters.

Offline joan

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 14:18:59 PM »
Thanks libra, i agree with what your saying but  apparently there is a new form out  which is run from a wood burner and is supposed to be good.I was wondering if anyone has tried it.

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 14:23:29 PM »

I think this is what you are referring to Joan.

http://www.fethiyepelletstoves.com/

Offline Eric

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 16:31:18 PM »
After using free standing log burning fires, for the past 4 years we invested in a log burning stove that runs the central heating this year.  We had the radiators installed when we 1st moved in 6 years ago, running off a gas boiler which was very expensive.

The log burner is a Stratford boiler and we paid £10 less for it here than shown on their website, so we know we were not ripped off. 
Verdict - Brilliant!  House is nice and toasty (195 sq m house) and we are using about the same amount of wood as we did with the non central heating fires.  If/when we build again we will use the same again but running underfloor heating which is better again.

We bought the fire through PUS in Fethiye and used their recommended builders to install it (we know the building firm and have used them in the past, they are good)

Offline ovaciksarah

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 12:57:21 PM »
I,ve just had the pellet stove installed to work with all my radiators and am extremely pleased with it.  It,s automatic lighting, eco friendly, no mess, hardly any cleaning and heats the whole house in half an hour and cheap to run.  Pleasantly surprised.

Offline jackstee

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 09:47:52 AM »
Pellet Stove ?

Offline George Warner

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 14:00:03 PM »
What happens when after installing the system the cost of the fuel suddenly rises how many suppliers of wood pellets are there locally?

Offline peter16

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2012, 19:36:46 PM »
You buy yourself some goats and feed them a high fibre diet ;D

Offline sunnyd

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2012, 19:42:55 PM »
Like Eric I too have a log burner with back boiler to heat the radiators. I too bought from PUS, the burner was fitted about 3 years ago I already had the radiators from just over 9 years ago. Excellent way to heat the house and have central heating. Highly recommended.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf