Author Topic: Bank question please.  (Read 2114 times)

Offline paz

Bank question please.
« on: April 17, 2013, 18:57:20 PM »
Hi, we are wondering if there is any bank that does not charge a quarterly fee.  We have our 2 direct debits set up at Garanti, but as they are not "regular" we are charged by the bank for the account.  Our bank charges are often more than our water bill!  We have a separate account at FinanceBank for emergencies and wonder if it might be better to use them for a DD account as well.  We are coming over soon and would like to go straight to the "best" bank to sort this and save a bit of time.  We also find that Garanti is always a problem to access on-line, where we have never had a problem with Finance.  Any ideas. Thank you.

Offline LeeGlo

Re: Bank question please.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 19:13:08 PM »
Unfortunately I think that most, if not all, banks do charge account management fees unless you have 2 MONTHLY direct debits with them. The ING Orange account does not have any charges but it is not a current account and therefore you cannot put DD's on it.

Offline melekabli

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 16:46:32 PM »
I am with HSBC and they charge me 5tl to pay my electric bills. Its peace of mind to know that whenever I arrive I will always have electric.

Offline scorcher

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 17:01:48 PM »
Turkish banks and saving time should never appear in the same sentence....

Offline mac2010

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 08:51:22 AM »
Finans bank are really good.I have been using them for the last eight years and never had a problem with them.I have most of my bills paid by them.Just make sure you open the correct account and always have sufficent funds in place.Talk to the girls upstairs and they will advise you.

Offline daveG

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 10:06:10 AM »
I am with Halkbank who have paid my direct debits for water and electricity for the last nine years,with no
service charge, however on topping up my balance I noticed a series of 6.25tl charges. I was advised that these are new monthly charges operative from Jan this year. ??? (oh well good while it lasted)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf