Author Topic: A Sad Story  (Read 38262 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: A Sad Story
« Reply #120 on: November 06, 2016, 11:25:42 AM »
To be honest, you come across guys like this everywhere, not just Fethiye.  In my experience, compared to other areas of Turkey, the level of dishonesty and scams on foreigners in Fethiye and the surrounding areas is a lot lower, especially where property is concerned. 

I wouldn't let it put you off, seriously.

JF

Absolutely - take recommendations from people who have actually been through the process before you. Here's one to kick things off for you: Cenk & Olga at Interturk Estates - www.interturk.co.uk and Mete at Golden Moon Estates www.goldenmoonestate.com/. Good people who would help you not scam you, and well known locally.

Nobody on here has ever recommended this Emre character as far as I recall.

Offline Stopfordian

• Certified incomprehensible
« Reply #121 on: November 06, 2016, 11:29:32 AM »
Not a very good review for anyone willing to invest money in his city. Maybe Jacqui and I need a rethink
About where we choose to spend our time and of course our hard earned retirement fund??

To be honest, you come across guys like this everywhere, not just Fethiye.  In my experience, compared to other areas of Turkey, the level of dishonesty and scams on foreigners in Fethiye and the surrounding areas is a lot lower, especially where property is concerned. 

I wouldn't let it put you off, seriously.
This won't put us off

JF
This won't put us off JF. We have spent many years around Turkey. It just may make a few Turks aware of the impact one bad apple can have upon a lot of livelihoods.
Thanks for the replies,

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #122 on: November 06, 2016, 11:43:18 AM »
Google is so outraged by this sorry tale that it is replying  ;)

Offline madmart

« Reply #123 on: November 06, 2016, 14:52:13 PM »
No definitely Emre Kaymanli of Sunshine Cafe and Sun Group John/KKOB - in Calis, Fethiye - you know, in Mugla area of Turkey - Dalaman region. They do pool chemicals, building and maintenance  work, threatening but I do understand not internet. They do take the money for internet installation but Emre Kaymanli of Sunshine Cafe and Sun Group confirmed today they don't actually do the installation bit.

Where is the Googlebot when you need him  :)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #124 on: November 06, 2016, 15:01:48 PM »
No definitely Emre Kaymanli of Sunshine Cafe and Sun Group John/KKOB - in Calis, Fethiye - you know, in Mugla area of Turkey - Dalaman region. They do pool chemicals, building and maintenance  work, threatening but I do understand not internet. They do take the money for internet installation but Emre Kaymanli of Sunshine Cafe and Sun Group confirmed today they don't actually do the installation bit.

Where is the Googlebot when you need him   :)

Here boy ! Fetch !

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #125 on: November 06, 2016, 16:53:47 PM »
Has anyone heard from Arty Mar lately?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #126 on: November 06, 2016, 16:58:34 PM »
Yes after a long silence Arty posted yesterday in this topic:
http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=61868.msg430763#msg430763

Offline foggiestmeldrum

« Reply #127 on: November 06, 2016, 19:40:56 PM »
Could the forum not have a Named  and Shamed section for dodgy dealers or call it Dodgy Dealers beware

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #128 on: November 06, 2016, 21:47:39 PM »
It's a decent idea FM, in reality I don't believe it works - in that it works better when these topics appear in the relevant selection - bad hotel experiences in the hotel section, bad property services in the property owners section etc.

The real problem isn't naming names to be honest - it's getting people to search names on the internet before handing cash over to them. That one I can't claim much success on improving over the years.

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #129 on: November 07, 2016, 13:22:07 PM »
He is fighting back, just posted a load of pictures on facebook of works in progress/completed. So I asked if he had made enough to pay back the money he stole, and I put a link to this thread. All now have been deleted. Strange that    ;)

He has just written to Kaz saying money was paid back yesterday. Can anyone confirm this? Ohh!!! and he paid it back with money HE EARNED!!!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf