Author Topic: Rattan furniture...prices.. wow..  (Read 6180 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Rattan furniture...prices.. wow..
« on: May 29, 2017, 17:35:41 PM »
We decide to upgrade our table and chairs out on the veranda and went to look today for new ones.  Tried Gunlukbasi Road and the Calis to Fethiye Road.   Prices were really expensive.  From 4,500TL to the cheapest quoted which was 2,300TL.  This was for 4 dining chairs and one table.  We did not realise this furniture was so highly priced.
Are we looking in the wrong places?  Or is this how much it costs?
Thanks in advance for any advice.   ;D

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Rattan furniture...prices.. wow..
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 17:50:12 PM »
It's probably because it's imported. Turkish made furniture will be a lot cheaper.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 20:03:37 PM »

There are several shops on the hill that rises up to the start of the Ovacik road.

Offline busybee

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 07:12:07 AM »
Try Saffet from Evim Garden Centre in Ovacik, his prices are a lot cheaper and has a FB page

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 07:22:40 AM »
Thanks Busybee.  Yes, we were at Saffet's place last week but not for furniture.   I know he sells lots of stuff from catalogues, but wanted to see things in "real life" rather than order from a picture.  We are friends on F.B.  So thanks for that, will have a look at his pages, you never know...
Hi Kevin,  We were going to take a drive up there and have a look, think I remember some shops on that road, thanks...

Offline Libra

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017, 07:27:01 AM »
Did you have a look at TEKZEN ? This is their webpages for garden furniture sets. They might not have everything in the store. At least this might give you an idea about the prices.

http://www.tekzen.com.tr/bahce-oturma-gruplari

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2017, 07:30:23 AM »
Hi Libra, we saw that place going down the road and were passed before we could stop,  so said we would call back and then forgot about it.   Thanks for that, will go and check it out. 
Took a look at the catalogue,  looks promising, at least there are prices.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2017, 07:33:19 AM »
It might be worthwhile having a drive out to the shops on the D400 just before Kemer. They're on the left at Zorlar just before the big junction where the D400 and the D350 meet.

Sancarlar Mobilya used to do that kind of thing. Although I'm not sure whether they're still there.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2017, 07:34:26 AM »
Thanks KKOB.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2017, 08:53:24 AM »
Tezcan have a good choice of garden furniture though I did find all there rattan furniture not very comfy and a tad on the cheap ( looking) side...we got a small set two chairs and coffee table with glass top from a shop called something like Gunisola ( sorry it was a few years back now) i think it was on the Gunlakbasi road, it csnt have been miles away from Calis as I remember Derek cycled there to go have a look first while i stayed in bed lol! Also Bravacasso i got a round table and two chairs very good quality, not the cheapest but i had been to so many shops and this was exactly what i wanted, he did me a good price ( i knew becos I had been to loads of places) and on same road is the Eren Spot shop who also had a lot of choice at good prices   :) 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf